New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    pag nag mamulfunction yung speedometer and tachometer ng gauge, repairable pa po ba sha? my car is a corolla bigbody xe

tia

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by smewth View Post
    pag nag mamulfunction yung speedometer and tachometer ng gauge, repairable pa po ba sha? my car is a corolla bigbody xe

tia
    Please elaborate. Malfunction could mean working erratically, intermittently, or totally inoperative. All of which requires different approach in figuring out the problem.

Are the other gauges affected? How's your fuel gauge?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Please elaborate. Malfunction could mean working erratically, intermittently, or totally inoperative. All of which requires different approach in figuring out the problem.

Are their other gauges that are affected? How's your fuel gauge?
    all other gauges are working fine and also the lights are working ok...mabagal lang gumalaw yung speedometer and tachometer ...what could be the cause of this?repairable pa po kaya ito?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    all other gauges are working fine and also the lights are working ok...mabagal lang gumalaw yung speedometer and tachometer ...what could be the cause of this?repairable pa po kaya ito?
    Inayos ba yung radio recently? I have a hunch that the brown wire from the instrument cluster is not grounded properly. The manual says that the brown wire is attached to or near the right side of the radio chassis.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Sir oj88. yong sa akin ayaw na gumalaw ang odometer. pwede ba palitan yon or pwede repair lang

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Elton View Post
    Sir oj88. yong sa akin ayaw na gumalaw ang odometer. pwede ba palitan yon or pwede repair lang
    Not sure. Kung analog odometer, malamang may sira or stuck na gear sa likod ng odometer.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    analog odo. meron ba available replacement? try ko nga kalikotin

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Not sure. Kung analog odometer, malamang may sira or stuck na gear sa likod ng odometer.
    possible din po kaya na cable ang sira? also follow up question ano po ba type ng odometer meron ang XE corolla bigbody...analog po ba or electronic ba yun isa?...and 2nd followup pag gear yung sira napapalitan pa ba yun or hindi na?

last and final question is where can i bring my gauge para ma check kung ano talaga problem...any recommended shops that can fix or have knowledge sa mga gauge?

tia

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Inayos ba yung radio recently? I have a hunch that the brown wire from the instrument cluster is not grounded properly. The manual says that the brown wire is attached to or near the right side of the radio chassis.
    added facts: wala po inayos sa kotse bigla na lang po nag malfunction yung tachometer pati speedometer. Also minsan lang gumana pala yung dalawa. Pag gumana sobrang liit lang ng galaw. Hindi lumalampas ng 500 rpm while yung speedometer pag 100 na takbo mo, 50 lang reading niya yung speedometer and tachometer

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    added facts: wala po inayos sa kotse bigla na lang po nag malfunction yung tachometer pati speedometer. Also minsan lang gumana pala yung dalawa. Pag gumana sobrang liit lang ng galaw. Hindi lumalampas ng 500 rpm while yung speedometer pag 100 na takbo mo, 50 lang reading niya yung speedometer and tachometer
    Maybe a grounding issue. When I studied the schematics, the fuel gauge, tach, and speedo share the same ground. This ground wire (brown) I'd look at first. It's supposed to be attached to the radio chassis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
quick question lang po re: gauge