New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    As is the norm today, the knobs to raise and lower all the windows are accesible from the driver side door. My problem is when raising the windows on the passenger side and rear, i still have to hold on the the knob until the windows are completely closed/opened. Unlike in the driver side where i just need to flick the knob/switch once and the window goes up/down automatically. Incidentally, the motor on the driver-side window has been replaced, before i got the car, so i have no idea how it(driver side window) functions before.

Any advise guys?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Most, if not all power window setups are like that, eg. only the driver's window has the "auto" feature.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ganun talaga yun. sa driver's controls lang usually automatic.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    paki post na lang po kung anong brand tsikot nyo...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, in most vehicles only the driver's side window will have an AUTO feature.

At least on Nissans, it's both AUTO UP and AUTO DOWN driver's window.

Majority of vehicles today only have an AUTO DOWN feature.

I've yet to see a vehicle with an AUTO feature on all windows.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Most, if not all power window setups are like that, eg. only the driver's window has the "auto" feature.
    yup. and afaik, the absence of auto feature in the passenger windows is the interest of safety -- ex. to avoid incidents of childrens' fingers or necks being clamped by the windows.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Newer BMW's do it. Both UP and DOWN, and if a blockage is detected during UP travel, it automatically reverses down an inch then stops. It also have the strange behavior that during UP travel, and the door is opened, window movement stops.

Of course this feature implies that window movement is completely under computer control, not with the usual hardwired motor-switch circuit. In fact BMW uses an electronic encoder on each window motor assembly for the computer to determine actual direction (up or down) and speed ... and possibly exact position of the window because it requires some kind of initialization procedure (on each window) for the feature to be activated.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    OT, add ko lang.

BMW models that do not have the auto feature on all windows are coupes and converts like those from the 3 and 6 series. The rear windows do not have the auto-closure feature.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post

the new Outlander has auto up and down on all FOUR windows

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wow, that's progress. Sa Pajero ko dati, Auto down lang sa driver's side (no auto on the other windows).

Kaya tuwang tuwa na ko sa Auto up and down driver's window ko ngayon.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Power Windows, does not rise/lower automatically...