New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Anyone using this battery mostly seen in car sound system competiton .
    This battery is expensive anyone using this battery compare to other brand of battery in the market regarding the lifespan .

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hi.. lifespan of the battery seems all the same nowadays about 1-2 years.. sometimes 3 years.. it depends on your car electrical system condition and weather condition..

If you stay in hot or Tropical country.. if i may suggest you can use GS Battery.. it's a suggestion only since it is imported and extended with Japan Technology for Tropical country.. used as original battery of most Japanese cars nowadays..

Some of their website that you might visit :

http://www.gs-yuasa.com/jp/index.asp (choose English version on right top)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJbusan

Best Regards.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    The GS battery is a flat plate AGM battery and the Optima is a spirial wound AGM, now for performance my observations show that the Optima battery will exceed the GS type on both current capacity (amps/kg) and battery life.

But battery life will be dependant upon many factors, the primary one being temperature, the majority of lead acid batteries are designed for best performance at 20 degrees C, which means that in tropical conditions the battery life expectancy is reduced by half every 10 degree C increase in temperature. So from a battery rated at 5 years at 20C expect a life of approx 1 year 10 months at 30-35C.

If you wish to discuss further then contact me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you go extreme offroading optima battery is the way to go primarily because of its ability to be installed even upside down. But for everyday use GS, Motolite, Bosch, Delco of the right size are more than capable to supply your power needs. Sobrang mahal na ng Optima ngayun to justify its use for daily drive.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    A while ago I just purchased an OPTIMA Yellow top battery for our e150. costs 19k.

Optima Battery