New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Got my car battery drained for unknown reason yet and cannot start my hilander anymore, i dont have a battery charger but found this very old ups that has a none working battery. So i open the ups, removed the old battery and rewire so i can connect the + - wire to the car battery corresponding terminal hoping it can charge. Charged it for 6hours and it works, it able to revive my battery and start my car.

Just sharing coz its working.

Sent from a mobile device.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    ako naman i use an old 3SM batt for the desktop and kung merong brownouts as an inverter

gumagamit nga lang ako ng car batt charger after severely draining it as the charging circuitry is only designed for the smaller batt

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Thanks for sharing bro.

I am using a 13.8V (12V) power supply to charge a "dead battery" for as long as all the cells are functional. This was the power supply I use for my HAM (rated at 25A).

The battery in this case acts as a "voltage regulator" and so the charging.....

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aioshin View Post
    Got my car battery drained for unknown reason yet and cannot start my hilander anymore, i dont have a battery charger but found this very old ups that has a none working battery. So i open the ups, removed the old battery and rewire so i can connect the + - wire to the car battery corresponding terminal hoping it can charge. Charged it for 6hours and it works, it able to revive my battery and start my car.

Just sharing coz its working.

Sent from a mobile device.
    great idea!
    recycle!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    good job! better yet get a hobby charger like the imax B6. i got mine, just a cheap clone, from hobbyking for something like $16. charges li-ion, nimh, lead acid, of various voltages. super useful

or if you can afford it get an iCharger of which i have 3 now they're just so frikkin useful

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    kumuha si TS ng 12volts dun sa secondary ng transformer ,tapos nilagyan kahit isang rectifier diode.pwede na...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    kumuha si TS ng 12volts dun sa secondary ng transformer ,tapos nilagyan kahit isang rectifier diode.pwede na...
    Ang UPS, meron talagang charger for 12 volts, so no need to connect a rectifier or diode para makapag charge, you just need to connect the charging terminal to the car battery. Yun na yun.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aioshin View Post
    Ang UPS, meron talagang charger for 12 volts, so no need to connect a rectifier or diode para makapag charge, you just need to connect the charging terminal to the car battery. Yun na yun.
    Pinoy Ingenuity! Galing Sir! Ma try nga sa Genset Battery namin, nasira na kasi yung float charger nya. I believe pareho din naman yung functions nya.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Medyo delikado ito, wala kang fuse sa secondary ng transformer. tapos payat ng wire mo, pwedeng masunog yan. if you want to do this again do it outside your house, yung battery kapag nagka-problema may chemical reaction yan na naglalabas ng dangerous gas

10. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy_corolla View Post
    Medyo delikado ito, wala kang fuse sa secondary ng transformer. tapos payat ng wire mo, pwedeng masunog yan. if you want to do this again do it outside your house, yung battery kapag nagka-problema may chemical reaction yan na naglalabas ng dangerous gas
    Yeah, thanks for pointing dun sa wire, kaya dun sa second image, pinalitan ko na ng medyo kapareha nung wire sa loob nung UPS. Actually medyo maliit lang amperahe nung UPS for 12VDC kaya medyo matagal ang charging time and yes, thanks, its safe to do it outside the house.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast