New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hello bros..I need some help on my Airhorn..I want to install an aircompressor in my pickup truck (NISSAN) to Fill my tank at 200PSI or MORE...What kind or Brand would you Advise?thanks
    Last edited by buggyboy; March 11th, 2009 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Change some words

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by buggyboy View Post
    Hello bros..I need some help on my Airhorn..I want to install an aircompressor in my pickup truck (NISSAN) to Fill my tank at 200PSI or MORE...What kind or Brand would you Advise?thanks

buggyboy,
    the pressure you are asking is way too high for automotive applications. the autoshop air compressor itself is calibrated at 90psi(OSHA-occupational safety and health administration) for safety reasons and the shop air compressor capacity does not or shall not exceed 120 psi. the heavy duty truck air brake system pressure is capped at max 120 psi too. you do not need all that pressure besides, your tank probably is not safe beyond 120 psi and that your horn is not designed for pressures of that magnitude. it will take a thicker tank. hoses, fittings and valves. it is not safe for you to use this pressure unless you have the infrastructure for it and of course, more weight added to your truck. let's do the physics behind this. it is not practical. what you need is the recommended pressure but with higher volume capacity in terms of cubic inch per second, cubid feet per minute(cfm) terms. it is not the pressure to run, rather burst your air horn but to run it at hvlp(high volume low pressure). get a pen and paper and do the homework. hope this will enlighten you.
    jick