New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    We have cats lol.

Ok na scratches kesa electrical issues. Scratches won't strand you.

I did read something about cats not liking certain smells like citrus etc. I have some lemon oil that I use on wooden furniture and speaker cabinets at home, gonna try wiping down the hood and bumpers of the car with it and see if it keeps the cats away.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    kita nyo gaano kaeffective pusa sa daga. Puhunan mo pagkain.

Kaya ako napapaisip whats the effective natural pesticide against insects. Birds???? Or insect vs insect????

Kasi maganda use nature sa nature. Alam nyo namam ako tree hugger kung ano pwede paikutin imaximize eh gamitin.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Thanks po for all your suggestions, we actually have a cat po. I dont know parang takot pa sila sa daga. hehe

will check po the item sir glenn thanks

sir jresperanza, do you have a link po nung sinasabi nyong led lamp? available po ba siya sa shopee or lazada so i can check po.

Thanks po again for all your advise!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Kindly allow me to contribute.

I've seen this thread earlier but hadn't had the time bec. of the holidays. Medyo forte ko itong topic not because magaling ako, but due to experience---> we have grain warehouses and feed mills in the province, and some businesses in the Tayuman/Bambang area (grabe daga dun dahil malapit sa Blumentritt Market).

• Yung mga high tech gadgets (whether ultrasonic, electromagnetic, laser sword :p etc.) SIMPLY DO NOT WORK.

Rodent & pest control is truly a concern ng mga bodega ng grain and if they were truly effective, they would become industry standard equipment and see widespread use. Bilyonaryo na dapat mga nakaimbento niyan. A (relatively) small investment would save tons of money otherwise lost to pests & additional overhead. As far as I know, nobody in the business uses them. (May nag try, all disappointed)

The fact that they're still secret "magical" devices (with a but of pseudo-science thrown in) sold in whispers on the internet and TV shopping tells you a lot.

• My answer's the same for scented "repellents" etc.

Hindi maarte & pa-sosy ang daga. Sila lang mabubuhay pag nag WW3. Pinag-aromatherapy mo lang sila, or assuming they don't like the smell, they will simply just go around it.

Alright, these things MAY have worked for some, on a small scale personal instance, but for the abovementioned reasons, I really don’t recommend them. Kasing effective lang ng magsabit ka ng anting anting or orasyon. (Note: not intended as a personal affront to anyone [sorry po], just stating from exp.) Sa amin, no one would stake $$$ in losses trusting these.

(CONTINUED in succeeding post)

5. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Yung mga pusa, they can handle mice (bubwit) but yung mga daga (rat) no...

• If yung mga black rats (medium sized mga ito, around mga 6 in body, excluding tail, and itim talaga kulay) cats don't prey on them (cats prefer smaller animals) BUT, the pusakals compete with them for food & resources so nakakatulong pa rin having cats around.

Itong black rats most commonly encountered namin dun sa Tayuman/Bambang (yun siguro "turf" nila...)

• However, if we're talking about the BIG Norwegian rats (grey/brown kulay nila, anlaki talaga & nakakatakot- one I killed was as big as a size 10 basketball shoe, excluding tail pa yun) Hindi talaga kaya ng pusa ito.

Na witness ko talaga firsthand a pusakal in a fight with one of these late at night Ni "wolverine" nung pusa sa head yung daga with its claws, it flinched but pumapalag & lumalaban pa din siya sa pusa. Who won `kamo? IT WAS A DRAW. Parang napagod din sila pareho and eventually went their separate ways...

Another time, in a place with a moderate infestation, 2 or 3 of these casually (yes, casually) walked past us dun sa parking ng mga Isuzu trucks, and take note, well lit yung area with halogen lights. AMPOT#$^$*, isipin mo, hindi man lang na natatakot/umiiwas sa tao!!! I was able to beat one to death with the long handle of a walis tingting, but the others got away (Yung tao namin was also able to hit one, but it escaped)

(CONTINUED in suc. post)

6. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by SzMchFrLv View Post
    Thanks sir, yes I clean my garage na din. observations with the last week, i saw a dead rat on the spot where i put the racumin baits. but still seeing feces under the mood, no ngatngst naman this time but still cautious.Tsikot Forums mobile app
    If you still see (new) rat poop, that means you still have an infestation.

The only things that really work are poisons & traps.
    The latter (traps) are not efficient in moderate to heavy infestations- you simply won't be able to kill enough to control them, pang maintenance & prevention lang ang traps, once you've been able to bring down the population to manageble levels.

What you'll have to do depends sa area mo. If there's a wet market in the vicinity or canal nearby, you'll have to be constantly vigilant sa vehicles mo, as long as you want to keep them rodent free. Mind you, hindi bec. upscale yung lugar safe ka na- andaming daga dun sa mga relatives namin sa San Juan/New Manila (the big grey ones) bec of the canal & estero networks dun.

Agree ako dun sa advice to clear the area (clutter) and remove all possible alternative food sources (that includes any pet food)

Tuloy mo lang yung racumin mo until the rats (baka mice lang sa inyo) stop feeding, then switch to another brand/formula for mga 1-2 weeks. Pag wala na talaga, start setting traps (pang maintain). Contimuous na dapat yung traps

(CONTINUED in succ. post)

7. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    I'm not sure if you have mice or rats, but anyway:

What poisons to use?

Most rodent poisons are anti-coagulants, blood thinning compounds (Doc d can elaborate better on this). The mammal dies from internal bleeding. They all work (relatively) well on mice & rats, but the 2nd & 3rd gen were developed bec of resistance to the 1st gen rodenticides (warfarin).

Very much maligned ang Dora bec. its 1st gen (warfarin) but if the rodents in your area are susceptible to it and are willing to consume it, I STILL recommend using it to delay development of resistance to the 2nd & 3rd gen poisons.

(CONTINUED in succ. post)

8. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Ang common misconception kasi ng public, just because kinain & hindi kaagad namatay, akala nila walang kwenta ito, which is wrong.

• All anti-coagulant rodenticides are designed to work on a cumulative, slow poisoning basis. Even a rodent that has consumed a lethal dose will die in 7-10 days pa. Why? Because rodents are very smart. If they eat something and they notice na may namatay from it, the surviving ones will never touch that bait/poison again. So rodenticides have relatively small doses of poison, but the longer they feed on it pataas ng pataas yung dose sa daga until they seem to die later of natural causes lang. This is also safer in case may accidentally nakakain na alaga or bata.

• Yung Zinc Phosphide based poisons kill within hours but NOT recommended ito, unless 100% sigurado ka lahat nung daga sa inyo makakain otherwise you won't be able to kill them all (see prev. paragraph)
    This is used lang by farmers desperate to protect their rice fields before harvest because a heavy rat infestation can decimate whole fields within days (ubos talaga) kaya understandable, but commercial use yun and maingat sila. You may find packets of these sold even sa mga wet market/palengke but I repeat, I do not recommend this. Masyadong toxic.

Yung sa Racumin, blocks & paste sachet are good for places na damp. The grain form is attractive to rodents but must be kept dry. Yung tracking powders are for places that are hard to get to, but dinadaan ng daga- it sticks to their fur and they get poisoned later when they groom/clean themselves pero mahirap gamitin ito pag mahagnin, & baka masinghot mo pa...

Ok din yung Thomas Cowan brand, and sa mga imported, Klerat blocks (very potent, but still safe) and the other brands sold ssa DIY, Handyman, Ace etc. ok din. Actually all are ok, kahit nga Dora as I've prev. mentioned.

Saka na nating pagusapan yung mga traps (Pang maintenance nga yun, unles konti lang talaga mababait ninyo)

Hope to have helped, and may your car be 'Mickey' free soon (I have a lot of free time today!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Hello sir miles, thank you so much po for your insight! really helpful!

Yes po, I regularly put baits in strategic area, and just this morning, I saw another dead mouse. I use po the racumin pellets and paste. will look po on the products you mentioned din. pahirapan din po pala maghanap niyan. as I went to different stores, medyo limited yung products nila. might try online shopping kaso baka antagal madeliver

with regard to the location. i lived po in what we can say a community, so sabihin na po natin na going squatter na yung location namin. I cant really control po the outside, you know other people but I cleaned na po my place. just wondering is it okay to put baits sa mismong engine bay ng sasakyan?

medyo exhausting lang, parang hindi sustainable tong ganitong setup na everyday need ko icheck or silipin yung hood ko if may pumasok na naman. need talaga na mawala sila. may paranoia na din kasi dahil sa gastos. hehe

all in all, maraming salamat po sa advise, will really look into it!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Can't you just simply block access/entry points. Medyo mas complicated ang situation ni Sir Miles, as the rats are battling him for nourishment, ung sau playground lang at nakatuwaan lang nila kagatin ang wires.

Sent from my M2101K7BG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast