New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Ahhh...With no misfire, wires are still conducting well. No soldering needed. You just need to properly reinsulate them.
    Step 1. Unplug the connector(BLUE) for the ignition coil.
    Step 2. Disengage/Release each pin of each affected wire(RED) individually from the coil connector.
    Step 3. Tape the chafed wire individually.
    Step 4. Sleeve a shrink wrap over each bundle of individually taped wires. This will add protection & restore the OE look.
    That's pretty much it.

Call PeligRacing +639152894590 if no dealership will do this repair for you. I have seen this procedure done w/o issues.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Thank you Sir, already called PeligRacing. Hoping to have a positive feedback from them. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jepsv View Post
    Thank you Sir, already called PeligRacing. Hoping to have a positive feedback from them. Thanks!

Good luck, sir!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Just claim from your insurance. That buys you peace of mind. Covered yan ng acts of nature

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    Just finished reading my insurance policy, and it clearly specified the items acceptable in “acts of nature” and rodent inflicted damages is not the list.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    If this were a different car w/ the coil pack, the chewed insulation would already be causing you much trouble. CELs & misfires.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Guys here’s a close-up picture of electric tape wrapped c/o the crew of Mazda Alabang

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Guys here’s a close-up picture of electric tape wrapped c/o the crew of Mazda Alabang

PeligRacing can clean that up.Mice attack

7. Join Date
    Nov 2018
    ours is not a coilpack wiring (the ones with wrapped spiral core wire). these are normal stranded wires. chewed up harnesses are not honored by insurance from experience. this is recoverable. that tape job is fugly tho.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by titomar View Post
    ours is not a coilpack wiring (the ones with wrapped spiral core wire). these are normal stranded wires. chewed up harnesses are not honored by insurance from experience. this is recoverable. that tape job is fugly tho.
    The artisan, the master craftsman, the dedicated tech is here!!! Mastah Mar, your passion, your drive to provide proper & genuine help to the community is soooo sincerely appreciated. Bow & salute!!!Mice attack

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Just finished reading my insurance policy, and it clearly specified the items acceptable in “acts of nature” and rodent inflicted damages is not the list.

perhaps it is included in the usual comprehensive insurance without acts of nature.
    acts of nature events refer to natural disasters or catastrophies, but to rat bites on individual components of a car...?? UNLESS! your neighborhood was invaded by an army of rats and every car therein had their wirings chewed off...

file it under "malicious mischief". does insurance mention, that to be qualified, the perpetrator should be a human? heh heh.

but it can be repaired.
    any electronics aficionado worthy of his soldering gun, can repair those, po.
    show it to a radio-tv repairman, or an aficionado.
    tiyaga lang po yan.
    no secrets.

good luck.

btw,
    we top off the repair, by knotting some strong string (pang-ganchillo) around the tape, to prevent loosening of the tape over time.
    shrink wrap also works, but i am wary of the engine heat's long-term effect on it.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 26th, 2019 at 11:28 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Have you tried this claim, sir? I've heard not all policies cover rodent damage.

Just ask your insurance provider. Mine covers animal damages as part of acts of nature. Thankfully i havent claimed this coverage but im a 1000% sure my insurance covers this

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast