New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Mga sir, is it "normal" na lumuluwag yung battery terminal sa mga AT unit?
    My trailblazer LT was just delivered Jan 8, we went back to the dealer Jan 14 kasi ang lakas ng kabig ng manibela pa-kanan, we got the unit the same day din naman.

Last Sunday, we went to Monasterio de Tarlac (from Muntinlupa) naka park kami and when we were about to leave ayaw nang mag start as in walang power, a few minutes later we tried again, nag start naman. Then it happened again last night for just a few minutes.
    Today, we used the car just to see kung talagang may problema, we were in shell slex nung hindi na talaga nag start. We called road side assistance and when the tow truck arrived, they said loose daw yung terminal ng battery, exact word is "maluwag, ganyan talaga, automatic kasi eh".

Is this normal? Should we expect this to happen all the time? We're planning to bring it to the dealer to have it checked but we are seriously considering to have the whole unit replaced. It was just delivered 11 days ago and twice na syang bumabalik sa dealer because of problems. Im just not sure if our dealer would allow us to have this replaced.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    What battery terminal configuration do you have? Top post? Side terminals? Either one it should not loosen itself when installed right. Maybe your cables are a tad too long. Maybe your cables are allowed to move.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    What battery terminal configuration do you have? Top post? Side terminals? Either one it should not loosen itself when installed right. Maybe your cables are a tad too long. Maybe your cables are allowed to move.
    Top post sir.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Depending on the kind of repair that was previously done, they may have removed the battery to get to an underlying part. Chances are, it wasn't re-tightened properly.

The comment of the tow truck mechanic about your vehicle being an automatic, probably just meant that there's no way for you to start it (ie. Push-starting/bump-starting) other than through its own starter (ie. Battery power).

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Is the battery secured by the hold-down?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Is the battery secured by the hold-down?
    yes it is.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Its good you got a Trailblazer. Some other car with loose battery cable end up differently.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chatteraddict View Post
    Mga sir, is it "normal" na lumuluwag yung battery terminal sa mga AT unit?
    My trailblazer LT was just delivered Jan 8, we went back to the dealer Jan 14 kasi ang lakas ng kabig ng manibela pa-kanan, we got the unit the same day din naman.

Last Sunday, we went to Monasterio de Tarlac (from Muntinlupa) naka park kami and when we were about to leave ayaw nang mag start as in walang power, a few minutes later we tried again, nag start naman. Then it happened again last night for just a few minutes.
    Today, we used the car just to see kung talagang may problema, we were in shell slex nung hindi na talaga nag start. We called road side assistance and when the tow truck arrived, they said loose daw yung terminal ng battery, exact word is "maluwag, ganyan talaga, automatic kasi eh".

Is this normal? Should we expect this to happen all the time? We're planning to bring it to the dealer to have it checked but we are seriously considering to have the whole unit replaced. It was just delivered 11 days ago and twice na syang bumabalik sa dealer because of problems. Im just not sure if our dealer would allow us to have this replaced.
    LT variant din ang sa akin at nagpa align din ako the first time i noticed yung misalignment. Good thing wala ng ibang naging problema thereafter.
    Walang connection ang AT vs. sa pagluwag ng battery terminal. As other has pointed out, may kumalikot sa battery terminal mo at nakaligtaan na hapiting maigi nung ibinalik.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    LT variant din ang sa akin at nagpa align din ako the first time i noticed yung misalignment. Good thing wala ng ibang naging problema thereafter.
    Walang connection ang AT vs. sa pagluwag ng battery terminal. As other has pointed out, may kumalikot sa battery terminal mo at nakaligtaan na hapiting maigi nung ibinalik.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Medyo frustrating lang Sir kasi nagpapatong patong issue namin sa unit. May nakita kaming parang hardened rugby sa roof, maliit lang naman pero hindi namin matanggal, we had to request the dealer to take it out, we didn't make a big deal out of it because we failed to report it agad, then there's the misalignment and until now may konting kabig pa din pero not as bad as the first time, then itong terminal. On top of that, the head unit I requested was not the one that was provided, my sales agent admitted that some information he gave me was incorrect and that it was miscom on his part.
    When we bought our Strada and Fiesta we never had this much problem.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    minor problem kung walang power dapat inisip mo muna i check ang battery kung maluwag or hindi, para ikaw mismo alam mo ang naging problema ng sasakyan mo..

kung na check mo ang battery terminal ay mahigpit naman at maayos.aba aba may problema ang bagong sasakyan mo..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast