New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    how can it output the said spec of 150 - 300A jumpstart when it is 14Ah * 3.7v?

doubt all these powerbanks can juice a really dead battery. buy this primarily as a powerbank, not as a jumpstarter
    google sony VTC5 cells then recall your basic electronics class. you just need a few cells of those cells in series and parallel to start a car

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    ^ we still dont know what cells that specific powerbank uses

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Unless the cells were manufactured by the same chaps who designed the Note 7's battery, there's little chance of it exploding inside the car. Just keep it out of direct sunlight and enclosed spaces (ie. glove box, center console, trunk) and just store it as low to the floor as possible, such as under the seat, to keep it relatively cool.

That said, in the last 8 years, I've only had to use my jumper cables once. I personally think that those jump-starter powerbanks are a waste of money.
    Last edited by oj88; December 12th, 2016 at 01:35 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    google sony VTC5 cells then recall your basic electronics class. you just need a few cells of those cells in series and parallel to start a car
    I'm thinking it just uses a heavy-duty capacitor for the jumpstarting function. Drawing too much current directly from the cells is a bad idea.

Tapatalked

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

That said, in the last 8 years, I've only had to use my jumper cables once. I personally think that those jump-starter powerbanks are a waste of money.
    luck plays into the picture. mine saved me when my sorento's battery died a few months ago. i also had a set of jumper cables in the trunk at the time but the cars around me at the parking lot at circle-C were all, uhmm, parked, nobody to help.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Just buy a jumper cable. What are the chances your vehicle will stall? And what are the chances your vehicle will stall and there noone around to help you.
    Nauuso ngayon ang dashcam. I am not expecting but my dashcam drained my one year old Motorcraft battery for only 3 days continuous recording inside the garage. I can't believe that dash cam consume a lot.

Napabili tuloy ng jumper cable ng di oras.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    how can it output the said spec of 150 - 300A jumpstart when it is 14Ah * 3.7v?

doubt all these powerbanks can juice a really dead battery. buy this primarily as a powerbank, not as a jumpstarter
    It says, there is an output for jumpstart and another output for USB charging.

At full charge, a 14AH battery would last for 1 hour with a discharging current of 14A.
    If you will discharge that battery at 300A, it can last for 2mins and 48 seconds. That is enough to start your car.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    luck plays into the picture. mine saved me when my sorento's battery died a few months ago. i also had a set of jumper cables in the trunk at the time but the cars around me at the parking lot at circle-C were all, uhmm, parked, nobody to help.
    Flag a taxi. Heck, even book a Grab to a pseudo destination, just to get a jump. I also have a Petron Privilege Card and comprehensive insurance that offers free roadside assistance.

For something that can only happen once in a blue moon, I'll take my chances with those choices.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Flag a taxi. Heck, even book a Grab to a pseudo destination, just to get a jump. I also have a Petron Privilege Card and comprehensive insurance that offers free roadside assistance.

For something that can only happen once in a blue moon, I'll take my chances with those choices.
    agree pops. but i go places where there are no taxis, only carabao drawn carts. and they pass only twice a day if they do at all, day break and sunset.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    sorry to burst the bubble...

but for me, this thing is not really useful in the pinas where we have a tropical climate... only on countries with cold weather is the battery performance/capacity affected thus need for a little jump start...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast