New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Any emergency solution in case your power window breaks down and you cannot leave your car with a windows open and your alone ony?? ANy manual way to close the window?? Thanks..

WBR,

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have the same problem on my driver-side front window for my 2005 Honda City. Bloody thing goes up halfway then goes all the way down and just refuses to rise. :mad:

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Happened to me before. In my case, ok pa ang motor ng Power Window pero sira ang mga switches. What the electrician did was connect to wires to the Battery (Positive and Neg). He then removed the door panel to expose the window motor tapos connected the wires to the motor casing (neg) and one wire running to the line connected to the switch. Ayun, sumara ang window.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If the motor can get it halfway up, then roll up your sleeves and use good old fashioned muscle power... try to pull it up the rest of the way while toggling the switch. Had to do this before on another car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    This has happened to me before, I drive all the way out somewhere to gimik, and sometimes my passeger side power window motor wire gets all jumbled up and it wont close completely, maybe a little bit more than halfway. Here's what i've done:

1. Swing the visor over to cover the window haha
    2. Duct tape and carboard to cover up the window

The worst is when it rains! But, if you've got time to open up your door panel. Open it up...raise the window upward, use tape and pieces of carboard to wedge the window so it doesnt fall down. Then just have it fixed when you get home.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    This has happened to me before, I drive all the way out somewhere to gimik, and sometimes my passeger side power window motor wire gets all jumbled up and it wont close completely, maybe a little bit more than halfway. Here's what i've done:

1. Swing the visor over to cover the window haha
    2. Duct tape and carboard to cover up the window

The worst is when it rains! But, if you've got time to open up your door panel. Open it up...raise the window upward, use tape and pieces of carboard to wedge the window so it doesnt fall down. Then just have it fixed when you get home.

ayos to ah... filipino ingenuity at its best!:hysterical:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    manually pull the window up and stick something in-between the window and the door sidings to prevent the window from going down.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    check if there's something that jammed up the window by removing the door panel. otherwise, press up then alalay sa hila hehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    I have the same problem on my driver-side front window for my 2005 Honda City. Bloody thing goes up halfway then goes all the way down and just refuses to rise. :mad:
    Common problem yata ito for all Honda cars eh. I just spray on silicone grease on the sides and it works. . . . . at least for a few months.

How to close your defective power window?