New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2016
    Hello! I think i'm having a problem with my car's alternator.when i start the engine i hear a hissing sound on the left side where the alternator is. But when the engine warms up, the sound decreases or disappears. I tried googling the problem but most say that the sound is constant.i recently changed my belts and had them adjusted and re-adjusted but the sound is still there.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Maybe a vacume leak somewhere in the idle-up side kung malapit siya sa alternator. Pabago-bago ba sir ang idle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Kung alternator whining sound and constant nga

4. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by joey36b View Post
    Maybe a vacume leak somewhere in the idle-up side kung malapit siya sa alternator. Pabago-bago ba sir ang idle?

Thanks sa reply sir. Di naman po pabago-bago idle. And yung sound po is marinig sa start ng engine pero pag nagamit na halos wala na sound,minsan bumabalik hissing sound but di ganun kalakas.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Mileage mo sir? Auto?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by iamnewhere View Post
    Hello! I think i'm having a problem with my car's alternator.when i start the engine i hear a hissing sound on the left side where the alternator is. But when the engine warms up, the sound decreases or disappears. I tried googling the problem but most say that the sound is constant.i recently changed my belts and had them adjusted and re-adjusted but the sound is still there.
    it would be nice to know what car we are talking about.
    but my very wild guess is, your idler bearing is about to die.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by iamnewhere View Post
    Tangalin mo belt ng alternator, pag nawala ung hiss edi sa alternator nga and pa check mo na lang baka bearing...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Magagandang idea na nasabi sa taas[emoji121]🏻️[emoji121]🏻️[emoji121]🏻️

Aircon pulley, idler, alternator, water pump, power steering pump puro maybearing na pwede tumunog sila. Carbon brush pagmaikli minsan tumutunog din sa unang start, power steering pagkulang fluid maytunog din. Vacume canister ung sa emission maytunog pagstart at pagengine-off pagluma na. Fake na fanbelt pagmahigpit masyado ung dulas nya sa pagstart maytunog din hehe

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    tongue-in-cheek...
    kapag herring sound, siguradong basag na bearing na.

apologies... couldn't resist..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Use a stethoscope (or improvise with a plastic tube) to localize the sound.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast