New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Hi All,

I have an Elantra 2018 and I've installed a 55w HID kit but the other bulb shuts off after a few seconds. It also shows an error in the dash. So I purchased a relay wiring kit and it still shuts off after a few seconds. I've added a Warning Canceller and it still shows the error and shuts off after a few seconds and eventually busted the other bulb.

What do you guys recommend with the HID kit? a 35W without relay and warning canceller?

If you have suggested HID kits please post a link so that I can check.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ano yan DIY? Please lang tell us you did a proper install, WITH PROJECTORS. If not then you just joined the ranks of drivers cursed daily by other motorists for having improperly installed and glaring hid headlights.

Have the pros do it, in proper PROJECTOR HOUSINGS.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Ano yan DIY? Please lang tell us you did a proper install, WITH PROJECTORS. If not then you just joined the ranks of drivers cursed daily by other motorists for having improperly installed and glaring hid headlights.

Have the pros do it, in proper PROJECTOR HOUSINGS.
    Elantra 2018 has a Projector housing so no need to do any DIY's. What I am not sure of is if 35W without canbus works with the standard wiring or do I need to have wiring harness and cancellers for it to work?