New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    hi guys i want to ask for some help...there are times where in our van will indicate that a door isn't closed well/locked as it will be displyed (yun indicator na malapit sa gas gauage, odometer etc...dko lam twag dun). however when i check, all the doors are shut and locked. most of the time, this happens when there are bumps on the road. another problem is regarding the horn. i removed the fuse because one time the horn just started buzzing by itself. Because of this, i think the two problems are related as both might be caused by some electrical problems/issues.

what do you think guys? Also where can i have this checked/fixed?

TY in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's definitely an electrical problem. I think it's a simple diy job...if you know basic electric circuit.

The doors have different problem sa horn. The door sensors (switch) is probably grounded - old na ba van niyo? Rust could be a culprit.

Yung horn naman, malamang ang problem ay switch sa busina (usually nasa manibela) - it could need replacement. Sa tagal ng panahon na "pinupukpok" ito nasisira rin.

I have seen a similar case sa pajero na blister fender with airbag na horn problem. Nagdidikit na yung 2 plates nya kaya kusang nagbubusina o kaya ayaw ng tumigil bumisina pag pinindot. I replaced it with a microswitch it cost only P18. If the whole assembly was replaced it was some P40,000 with the new airbag. Unfortunately, my P18 fix have to disable the airbag forever.

my 2 cents.

Try rey's electrical sa marikina if you want a pro to do it.

If you want to save, you can diy it....I'll help you diagnose the problem. Just reply this thread.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    wildthing:

thanks a lot! I will update you regarding this as soon as I work on the problem. Thanks for offering some help!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check the "push-button" switch sa pinto if they respond properly (kun di mo kita ang panel dapat may kasama ka na naka tingin sa dash panel).

When the button is pushed, the lights should go off. If it does not then, ito ang faulty switch. This is a "normally on" na switch, so when rust settles in side it kahit naka push sa off position nagkakaroon ng ground or contact pa rin due to rust. Cleaning can solve it sometimes otherwise you need to replace this switch.

HELP!! Electrical Problem??