New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Please help!

My ride is an A/T 93 corolla Gli. I noticed that my battery warning/indicator lights up(and then quickly goes back to normal) when I shift from Drive to Reverse. Any idea why this happens? By the way the battery is new.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    check the alternator belt.. baka po maluwag na..

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Check your alternator belt,terminals na rin .

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga ser, okay naman ang alternator belts and alternator, terminals okay din.

I noticed this afternoon that when I shifted from Park to Reverse the battery indicator also went on and then off.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di naman po kaya nagpalit kayo ng higher wattage bulbs sa reverse light assembly?

Try to think back what was the last modification you've done, or adjusted a bolt that could have loosen a ground wire.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di naman ako nagpalit ng lights, wala din akong mods.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    try to switch-on all electrical components..the lights..hi-beam, interior lights, full blast aircon, defogger, radio, signal light, brake light, wiper, etc..

then switch to reverse, naka-on pa rin po ba battery light?

baka po meron grounded somewhere sa car ninyo..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you are not having problems with your electrical system (discharged palagi, etc.), baka minor electrical fluke lang yan.

Observe mo lang.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    revoGSX, thanks for the suggestion, I tried lahat 'yung sinabi mo except for the wiper pero hindi naman nag on 'yung battery warning/indicator.

OTEP, wala namang electrical problems so far.

Additional info, I noticed that when I shift real slow from Drive to Reverse, the battery warning/indicator is less likely to light up.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    nangyari na sa akin yan, except yun o/d lights ang nag-bli-blink... turns out yung battery malapit na masira. nung pinalitan ko, ayos na.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help! Battery warning lights up when shifting to Reverse