New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi, i just installed a pair of LED brakelights for my 2002 Mitsu GSR. Now, after 10 min of driving, my ABS sensor always starts to turn on. I know someone who experienced the same thing. i was thinking since LED's consume less electricity, the ABS is unable to detect the presence of the brake lights. Is there a way to rewire or at least "fool" the system? will appreciate your inputs

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    first thing to do is to get it scanned and go from there .

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Banuyo View Post
    Hi, i just installed a pair of LED brakelights for my 2002 Mitsu GSR. Now, after 10 min of driving, my ABS sensor always starts to turn on. I know someone who experienced the same thing. i was thinking since LED's consume less electricity, the ABS is unable to detect the presence of the brake lights. Is there a way to rewire or at least "fool" the system? will appreciate your inputs
    1.) For checking, replace the LED to Stock bulb if still have the probs.
    2.) Kung ang LED ang dahilan, then put a dummy load, same resistance sa stock bulb.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    yes I also think that you should replace the LED bulbs if it still in a same circumstance,

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Did you disconnect the battery while installing the brakelights? Something may have shorted during installation.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by xda2jojo View Post
    1.) For checking, replace the LED to Stock bulb if still have the probs.
    2.) Kung ang LED ang dahilan, then put a dummy load, same resistance sa stock bulb.
    1- ABS works fine with stock bulbs
    2- im pretty sure its the LED, may i ask how i can put a dummy load?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The system senses if any of your stop lamps are busted. If the circuit is open (ie. busted bulb or the bulbs are disconnected), the ABS warning indicator lights up. It does so by measuring the current drawn by the bulbs. Stock filament bulbs are either 21W or 25W usually. Compared to the stock bulbs, LEDs have very small power requirements, most likely not enough for the system to sense their presence. That's why the system thinks that the bulb is either busted or missing, hence the ABS warning.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    The system senses if any of your stop lamps are busted. If the circuit is open (ie. busted bulb or the bulbs are disconnected), the ABS warning indicator lights up. It does so by measuring the current drawn by the bulbs. Stock filament bulbs are either 21W or 25W usually. Compared to the stock bulbs, LEDs have very small power requirements, most likely not enough for the system to sense their presence. That's why the system thinks that the bulb is either busted or missing, hence the ABS warning.
    I definitely agree with you on that one. Is there any way to fool the system tho? like tapping in a set of filaments just to keep the ABS functioning?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Banuyo View Post
    1- ABS works fine with stock bulbs
    2- im pretty sure its the LED, may i ask how i can put a dummy load?
    Almost same as your probs: http://www.plasmaled.com/tail_light_led_bulb_fix.htm

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Last edited by xda2jojo; January 31st, 2010 at 01:31 AM.