New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    good evening fellow tsikoteers. got a big problem. i was on the graveyard shift and when i got home, i saw my car, 92 sentra eccs, submerged in flood water. my flooring was all soaked in water and when i opened the hood, my a/c compressor was submerged in water, i immediately disconnected the negative terminal from my battery. and pushed my car to higher grounds.

i have already removed the carpet and seats. nilabhan ko na and let my car dry until now.

problem is when i try to connect the negative terminal to the battery, i saw sparks and i am hearing a bad sound sa engine room. the sound is difficult to describe. all i know is that it sounds like a grounded part.

i need your advise. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When in doubt, just have it towed to a good service garage to have it checked over.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksun25 View Post
    good evening fellow tsikoteers. got a big problem. i was on the graveyard shift and when i got home, i saw my car, 92 sentra eccs, submerged in flood water. my flooring was all soaked in water and when i opened the hood, my a/c compressor was submerged in water, i immediately disconnected the negative terminal from my battery. and pushed my car to higher grounds.

i have already removed the carpet and seats. nilabhan ko na and let my car dry until now.

problem is when i try to connect the negative terminal to the battery, i saw sparks and i am hearing a bad sound sa engine room. the sound is difficult to describe. all i know is that it sounds like a grounded part.

i need your advise. thanks.

blacksun,
    relative to the car's interior, how deep was the car submerged? did the water reach to bottom of the knee bolsters? did it go as far as the instrument cluster? was the flood water salty?
    jick

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Just want to know if the computer box is submerged in water. If you know some auto electrical shop who would do a home service its better for consultation.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    When in doubt, just have it towed to a good service garage to have it checked over.
    yes get the car towed to your trusted shop ASAP to have it serviced thoroughly.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    blacksun,
    relative to the car's interior, how deep was the car submerged? did the water reach to bottom of the knee bolsters? did it go as far as the instrument cluster? was the flood water salty?
    jick
    the flood didn't reach the knee bolster and the instrument cluster. it went as far as the bottom of my seats. i checked the location of the computer box and it seemed dry.

i don't know if the flood water was salty. it is the typical dirty flood water in the metro.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    thanks everyone for your responses. i really appreciate it. i tried to ask our neighbourhood electrician to take a look at it. he advised me to let it dry for a couple of more days for easier troubleshooting. according to him, it's hard to isolate the grounded part if some components are still wet.

btw. i have already washed the seats and carpet and sun-dried them. i'll just re-install them when my car is running again.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    just an update on my car. what i feared most has turned into reality. my computer box is busted. it looks like the pins for the injectors were shorted out. the check engine doesn't lit up anymore on startup and my injectors are feeding gas like crazy to the combustion chamber to the point that gasoline comes out of the exhaust manifold.

how much is the going rate for a surplus computer box? i cannot afford a new one. baka sa sabado pa kasi ako maka-pagcanvass.

please advise what other options I have. thanks.

grounded sentra