New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    i'm on my second piece of 10mm LED wedge base used as clearance/park lights on the front. replaced the 12volts 5 watts halogen with a 10mm 6 led wedge equipped with 2 resistors in parallel with each other. about 300 ohms as per the color code.

problem: LED was flickering at first. then 3 (out of 6 per piece) leds were out until all are dead.

installed another one thinking it could be the LED but problem is occuring again. replaced the previous halogen bulb and it does not flicker.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    i'm on my second piece of 10mm LED wedge base used as clearance/park lights on the front. replaced the 12volts 5 watts halogen with a 10mm 6 led wedge equipped with 2 resistors in parallel with each other. about 300 ohms as per the color code.

problem: LED was flickering at first. then 3 (out of 6 per piece) leds were out until all are dead.

installed another one thinking it could be the LED but problem is occuring again. replaced the previous halogen bulb and it does not flicker.
    2 300 ohm resistors in parallel is equal to 150 ohms.
    Mostly sir, the problem why it flickers is there is too much current passing thru the LED. Sa sobrang taas ng current, nasusunog na yung nasa loob.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012

T10 LEDs po ba gamit mo?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Try adding a voltage regulator IC (ex, 7805 - 7805 datasheet(1/1 Pages) ETC | THREE-TERMINAL POSITIVE VOLTAGE REGULATOR IC) instead of resistor. Putting the IC on an aluminum heatsink will also help in prolonging the life of the IC.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    T10 LEDs po ba gamit mo?
    yap............. T10

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix67 View Post
    Try adding a voltage regulator IC (ex, 7805 - 7805 datasheet(1/1 Pages) ETC | THREE-TERMINAL POSITIVE VOLTAGE REGULATOR IC) instead of resistor. Putting the IC on an aluminum heatsink will also help in prolonging the life of the IC.
    terminal 1 is from the 12volts positive
    terminal 2 is to ground return
    terminal 3 is to LED positive terminal

am i correct?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    yap............. T10
    Yung nakuha ko plug and play lang.. T10 28 LED

Baka nga medyo mataas yung current mo... Pumutok na po ba yung 1st batch ng LED mo? Or baka maluwag lang yung connectors, nung unang kabit ko kasi nagfiflicker din, inusli ko maigi yung wires naging ok na.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    advertise nila, 100,000 hours daw.. yet here they are.. dying one by one,..
    i bought one for my dome light.. napupundi isa-isa...

errr.. how do you connect the thingee (voltage regulator), and how much does it cost?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    advertise nila, 100,000 hours daw.. yet here they are.. dying one by one,..
    i bought one for my dome light.. napupundi isa-isa...

errr.. how do you connect the thingee (voltage regulator), and how much does it cost?
    Its super cheap sir. Pero 7805 is not enough to power your dome light. 5V regulated lang kasi output nun e. Your dome light requires 12V. Kapag masyado mababa naman yung voltage, mahina output and nag-fliflicker din kapag sobrang baba.

Look for 7810 (10V regulated) if possible. LED kasi require constant voltage and current. Kaunting high fluctuation lang sa voltage, mabilis mag degrade quality niya.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by babynos01 View Post
    Its super cheap sir. Pero 7805 is not enough to power your dome light. 5V regulated lang kasi output nun e. Your dome light requires 12V. Kapag masyado mababa naman yung voltage, mahina output and nag-fliflicker din kapag sobrang baba.

Look for 7810 (10V regulated) if possible. LED kasi require constant voltage and current. Kaunting high fluctuation lang sa voltage, mabilis mag degrade quality niya.
    ah! thanks.
    san ba yan makukuha? meron ba sa auto supply? o dapat sa raon o alexan..?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast