New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    hehe, sorry may tanong po ulit ako mga sirs. ay sorry, mga tanong pala.. hehee

how can i increase horsepower of a honda city type z 2002? where do i start? tska mga magkano kay budget dun? and san kaya may maganda shop kung sakasakali ? nagsstart pa lang kc ko abt cars, wala pa talaga masyado alam to be honest.

thanks ins advance ulit...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk0616 View Post

how can i increase horsepower of a honda city type z 2002? where do i start? tska mga magkano kay budget dun? and san kaya may maganda shop kung sakasakali ? nagsstart pa lang kc ko abt cars, wala pa talaga masyado alam to be honest.

usually ... you start with high tension wires and some good kinds or spark plugs ...

k&n filters which will give you the added wind power ...

and i guess i good motor oil synthetic or a duralube additive

budget for this around 10k .....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    thanks po sir,

since nasimulan ko na, hehe sasagarin ko na, may alam po ba kau na auto shop na hindi naman ako tatagain? and naghanap na rin ako ng k and n air filter, hirap maghanap para sa type z, tska mga ilang horsepower kaya madadagdag?

thanks ulit ng madami...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    what type of filter are you referring? the Drop ins? if you don't have the money to burn, go for simota first, it's way cheaper.

An upgrade of the headers will also add some hp to your engine.

For shops, try going for shops in evangelista or banawe. There are lots of surplus or 2nd hand you might wanna try first.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    thanks for the input mga bossing... ill try sa banawe...

rilly appreciate it..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    turbocharger!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007

sir start ka muna sa oil, yun maganda then put an oil additve, dapat madulas yun oil mo para less ang friction to produce more horsepower. after nun -modify mo na engine mo.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You don't need to add an additive... it's a needless expense. Buy a good synthetic oil and leave it as is.

Synthetic oils already have additive blends mixed in... if you're adding another additive on top of that, the results can be a little unpredictable.

And mineral + additive is still not as good as a good synthetic. Buy a synthetic with a good base stock, and leave it as is. A good synthetic will resist wear and breaking down over time than a poor oil bolstered with additives... additives will break down over time, anyway.

You don't need high tension wires unless your old ones are already cracked or have high resistance. Unless you're making much more power than stock, OEM replacements (i.e.: Honda branded) will do.

For the proper plugs for your ride, review Honda forums and see what the performance pros recommend for the D15. I'll bet they will all swear by the stock NGKs.

As for airfilters, best combo is a Simota tube and a K&N cone filter. The K&N is expensive, but it's much better, and worth the money.

But these are all "efficiency" mods... the sum total of which will probably only be about 5-6 hp. For more power, it's either turbo, engine swap or exhaust work. Exhaust work for the City should cost 30,000 or less, total, for a good exhaust. Turbo? Maybe 80,000. Engine swap? About 100,000 pesos will get you a Honda B16A engine with 170 hp... about the same as you would get with a turbo (or a little more) and it's more reliable.

Set aside money for good performance tires and brake pads... you'll need them if you're going for power.

Hey, speed isn't cheap.
    Last edited by niky; October 12th, 2007 at 06:28 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    thanks po sir,

since nasimulan ko na, hehe sasagarin ko na, may alam po ba kau na auto shop na hindi naman ako tatagain? and naghanap na rin ako ng k and n air filter, hirap maghanap para sa type z, tska mga ilang horsepower kaya madadagdag?

thanks ulit ng madami...
    call me at the store ... i can refer you to a k&n supplier pero got to warn you ... mahal yan ...

if you like simota is a good replacements ... maraming taiwan around 500 - 700 + yung filter and pag kasama extension i think about 2000 - 3000 + more or less

if you have money to burn try looking for ichiban motor parts ... this shop will try to hook you up if you wanna change engine ... pero not sure if has any honda engines ... usually toyota

pero in banawe there are lots of shops try looking there na lang ...

BANAWE AUTO SUPPLY
    regy

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Simple... exhaust plus full cat tubing.... equals fifty to seventy horses and your engine will breathe better cause of more air coming in.. but more in fuel consuption

speed is expensive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
how do i increase horsepower?