New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Suggest that you invest on a good voltmeter ( not expensive nowadays) and a good battery charger specially those using automatic transmission to avoid hassle on the road. Maintain your battery charge at least once a month and monitor your voltage while charging. You will notice amperage going down and voltage going up as it approach full charge. I normally keep the voltage between 14.5 to 15 V for a full charge battery.

Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    There was a time when the car battery of my Innova would just die without some prior symptoms (or I might have not have noticed them) and since my ride has automatic transmission so talagang mahirap. Now does a voltmeter (using the cigarette lighter plug) help us determine the health of the car battery?

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by granro01 View Post
    Suggest that you invest on a good voltmeter ( not expensive nowadays) and a good battery charger specially those using automatic transmission to avoid hassle on the road. Maintain your battery charge at least once a month and monitor your voltage while charging. You will notice amperage going down and voltage going up as it approach full charge. I normally keep the voltage between 14.5 to 15 V for a full charge battery.

Tanong lang okay ba yung mga Ctek Battery Charger? Do you have to remove the car battery from the car before charging it? Can battery charging be done while the battery is inside the car trunk or is it dangerous?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Sa brand new fortuner ko 1 year lang bumigay na battery. Parang generic lang kasi. Nagpalit ako motolite 2 years ko na gamit so far so good. Battery life should be 4-5 years.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    CTek battery chargers are good ... They're on the expensive side already ... You just connect it to the battery in the car ... No need to remove the battery ... Just don't start the vehicle ... You can also look for generic smart car battery chargers on olx lazada or aliexpress ... Make sure it's "smart" meaning it trickle charges when almost full, protects from overcharging, and detects reverse polarity ...

Normal battery life in this country is 2-3 years ...

5. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    CTek battery chargers are good ... They're on the expensive side already ... You just connect it to the battery in the car ... No need to remove the battery ... Just don't start the vehicle ... You can also look for generic smart car battery chargers on olx lazada or aliexpress ... Make sure it's "smart" meaning it trickle charges when almost full, protects from overcharging, and detects reverse polarity ...

Normal battery life in this country is 2-3 years ...
    Thanks for the information that there is no need to remove the battery from the Car trunk. But do we have to remove the 2 battery terminals (the positive and negative terminals) before attaching the the 2 alligator clips from the CTek charger?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Thanks for the information that there is no need to remove the battery from the Car trunk. But do we have to remove the 2 battery terminals (the positive and negative terminals) before attaching the the 2 alligator clips from the CTek charger?
    Nope. Just hook the CTEK comfort connect that comes w/ your set onto the terminal bolts. PlugNplay. Buy 1 for each car you have. They're around Php300. Comes in 1/4 & 3/8" eyelets. Blade & some online vendors carry em.
    CTEK Comfort Connect Eyelet Red buy and offers on Waveinn

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    May 2017
    Thanks for the info!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Nope. Just hook the CTEK comfort connect that comes w/ your set onto the terminal bolts. PlugNplay. Buy 1 for each car you have. They're around Php300. Comes in 1/4 & 3/8" eyelets. Blade & some online vendors carry em.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    This i want for my ctek... thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by reddik2017 View Post
    Per my experience,Yes,malaking tulong talaga ang may voltmeter on knowing the health of our cars battery and/or alternator. Ever since i had one, never ko na na-experience ang di makapag start due to low battery...or yung tipong di mo alam bakit biglang humina ang radyo,ilaw at aircon.

Magandang indicator at warning on battery/alternator health talaga ang voltmeter and hindi naman siya ganun ka expensive.I think,all motorist should have one of these.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    Agree.

My voltmoter (via the lighter plug) registers the same voltage compared with the casa's digital scan tool. It only costs 280.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    Agree.

My voltmoter (via the lighter plug) registers the same voltage compared with the casa's digital scan tool. It only costs 280.
    i read it before i start the engine, with the key on ACC.
    once the engine starts, the reading is now a reflection of the alternator's performance, and not the battery's.
    i want to read it during the cranking period, but i simply can't read it... probably something to do with my eyes and the gadget's design...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Does a voltmeter (using the cigarette lighter plug) help us determine the health of the car battery?