New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Drove for 15mins and got the Powertrain Warning Light, it just stays ON not flashing.
    Nothing unusual happened. Have it checked on a local shop on my way. They checked engine bay.
    The Powertrain warning light is off while being scanned. Got a code U0001 result.
    Mechanic said it maybe just a "PMS Reminder", which is indeed overdue but I doubt that caused did a little research and the U0001 Code has nothing to do with the Powertrain Warning Light.

It was reset, I drove for 30 mins 80-100kph and the warning light doesn't come on anymore.
    What do you think?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkDines View Post
    Drove for 15mins and got the Powertrain Warning Light, it just stays ON not flashing.
    Nothing unusual happened. Have it checked on a local shop on my way. They checked engine bay.
    The Powertrain warning light is off while being scanned. Got a code U0001 result.
    Mechanic said it maybe just a "PMS Reminder", which is indeed overdue but I doubt that caused did a little research and the U0001 Code has nothing to do with the Powertrain Warning Light.

It was reset, I drove for 30 mins 80-100kph and the warning light doesn't come on anymore.
    What do you think?
    Thanks in advance!
    1. No, the warning light does not need to be ON when using OBD scanner. Errors are recorded to the ECU, this recorded errors are the one being read by the OBD scanner.

2. Sometimes, sensor contacts are misaligned due to vibration, etc .. In this case it should not be an issue. What you can do is observe, do not push your engine too much.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for the quick reply, that was a relief. I thought otherwise.

Will do observe for now until I can bring it to the dealership.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Thanks! Yeah, first result on google and made me think that the powertrain warning wasn't scanned by the mechanic.