New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    paano po ba mag-DIY ng switch for the central locks? para instead na lagi aabutin yung door lock ng driver side door ay push nalang ng switch sa dashboard. also, one-size-fits-all style ba ang wires ng central locks? lima kasi yung nakikita ko.

thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    depende yan sa donor vehicle. modern vehicles have some not hot-wired (meaning dumadaan sa communications line like body control module). pakabit ka na lang ng pang after market kits.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    update after one year. lol

its a toyota fx nga pala, so definitely stand-alone/independent yung central lock system niya. also i've traced the wires from the doors and it leads only to the module.

i think it's a negative trigger type (?) dahil meron part na nakahiwalay yung green and blue wires (the pairs going to the passenger doors) and pag dinikitan ng ground ay mag-lock/unlock yung passenger doors but not the driver side door.

is there a way to test the driver side door actuator kung possible siyang lagyan ng switch? someone told me that yung brown and white wires ang sw1 and sw2 (switch 1 and 2 siguro), i've tried linking it sa ground pero walang nangyari.

natatakot naman ako lagyan ng live supply baka masunog. sayang ang actuator sa experiment LOL.

thanks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have an electrician do that for all units not yet equipped (e.g. the Jimny, Pajero, Urvan, Jazz, etc.).

Sorry I am not an electrician myself. But you can try to consult them at Jemson's Auto Electrical and Jorge's Radiator Shop | Facebook

Mura lang ang labor niyan if you bring your own switch (Php300 ata or less ang labor if I remember right). And it's a 20 minute job.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by genobreaker47 View Post
    update after one year. lol

its a toyota fx nga pala, so definitely stand-alone/independent yung central lock system niya. also i've traced the wires from the doors and it leads only to the module.

i think it's a negative trigger type (?) dahil meron part na nakahiwalay yung green and blue wires (the pairs going to the passenger doors) and pag dinikitan ng ground ay mag-lock/unlock yung passenger doors but not the driver side door.

is there a way to test the driver side door actuator kung possible siyang lagyan ng switch? someone told me that yung brown and white wires ang sw1 and sw2 (switch 1 and 2 siguro), i've tried linking it sa ground pero walang nangyari.

natatakot naman ako lagyan ng live supply baka masunog. sayang ang actuator sa experiment LOL.

thanks.
    Yup its possible to put a switch on the dashboard. The driver side actuator has 5 wires use the brown, white and black wire.
    If you join the brown wire with the black wire the actuators will go up. If you join the white wire with the black wire the actuators will go down.

Now you can then tap that and put a switch on the dashboard.

DIY door lock/unlock switch