New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    kung 1000pesos ang difference I would gladly spring for the gold. the one time I used the enduro it did not last long for me however some people I know are happy with theirs. Amaron ayaw mo i-try?
    Judging from the prices I see in Lazada and Shopee it seems to be more expensive than the Motolite I'm using now. Some glowing reviews thought from folks here based on an online search I did of the brand.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
    Back in Sept. 2017, I bought a Motolite Gold 21 for my 2009 Kia Picanto (MT). It died on me this month which is sadly not within warranty. So I traded it in for a new one. However, I think this will be my last one because with a trade in discount this battery is freaking expensive at P4,400.

I was wondering if there is any cheaper alternatives to this battery that's available locally? I'm from Cebu by the way.

My Kia Picanto has one of those locking mechanism in the battery tray that clamps to a tab at the bottom of the battery so I can't just go for the cheaper brands because I can't secure it to the battery tray since the cheaper one I've looked into do not have that tab on the bottom. Most battery brands I've looked also do not have this tab at the bottom. The tab I'm talking about is the one circled in red in the attached picture.

I really wanted to go with the cheaper Enduro but it did not have this tab. It was cheaper by P1,000 than the Gold 21. I was also considering a Panasonic battery but it also did not have the tab.

So here I am now asking folks here for help and feedback if there are any other cheaper alternatives for my future battery purchase for this car? If it helps the Picanto is my daily driver to work (Mondays to Fridays averaging 30KM a day). City driving.

Thanks for any help.
    if i what i am thinking is right...

do you really need that tab?
    a pair of L-clamps with retaining bar on top, is usually adequate for many cars.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if i what i am thinking is right...

do you really need that tab?
    a pair of L-clamps with retaining bar on top, is usually adequate for many cars.
    With the current battery tray of the Picanto? Yes. This is the one I currently have: KIA PICANTO 1. BATTERY TRAY 3715-75 | eBay

So there are no holes for the hooks featured in the example by _Qwerty_ that does not include a tray. This one: Car Storage Battery Holder Adjustable Stabilizer Metal Rack Mount Bracket Kit | Lazada PH

The one with a tray included should work: [Constan][COD][Freeshipping for Any 3 items]Adjustable Car Storage Battery Tray Holder Base Hold Down Clamp Iron bracket Kit | Lazada PH

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    With the current battery tray of the Picanto? Yes. This is the one I currently have: KIA PICANTO 1.� BATTERY TRAY 3715�-�75�� | eBay

So there are no holes for the hooks featured in the example by _Qwerty_ that does not include a tray. This one: Car Storage Battery Holder Adjustable Stabilizer Metal Rack Mount Bracket Kit | Lazada PH

The one with a tray included should work: [Constan][COD][Freeshipping for Any 3 items]Adjustable Car Storage Battery Tray Holder Base Hold Down Clamp Iron bracket Kit | Lazada PH
    as i recall, a locally manufactured set of hold-down clamps cost me less than 300 bucks from a shop in either pedro gil or pasay rotonda...

just looking at the pictures...
    post-er might remove the car's tab clamp and bolt, and insert the foot of the L-clamp into the bolt's hole.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    as i recall, a locally manufactured set of hold-down clamps cost me less than 300 bucks from a shop in either pedro gil or pasay rotonda...

post-er might remove the car's tab clamp and bolt, and insert the foot of the L-clamp into the bolt's hole.
    150 lang bro yan sa concorde, pero yun walang tray

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Back in Sept. 2017, I bought a Motolite Gold 21 for my 2009 Kia Picanto (MT). It died on me this month which is sadly not within warranty. So I traded it in for a new one. However, I think this will be my last one because with a trade in discount this battery is freaking expensive at P4,400.

I was wondering if there is any cheaper alternatives to this battery that's available locally? I'm from Cebu by the way.

My Kia Picanto has one of those locking mechanism in the battery tray that clamps to a tab at the bottom of the battery so I can't just go for the cheaper brands because I can't secure it to the battery tray since the cheaper one I've looked into do not have that tab on the bottom. Most battery brands I've looked also do not have this tab at the bottom. The tab I'm talking about is the one circled in red in the attached picture.

I really wanted to go with the cheaper Enduro but it did not have this tab. It was cheaper by P1,000 than the Gold 21. I was also considering a Panasonic battery but it also did not have the tab.

So here I am now asking folks here for help and feedback if there are any other cheaper alternatives for my future battery purchase for this car? If it helps the Picanto is my daily driver to work (Mondays to Fridays averaging 30KM a day). City driving.

Thanks for any help.
    Meron sa AMARON na pwede sa picanto.. yung may tab sa baba.. NS40

wag mo na pahirapan sarili mo sa paggawa ng holder.. bilhin mo yung tama na sukat na dyan.

Nasa 4k lang din yung amaron. 3 years na sa pica pica ko.. buhay pa

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post

wag mo na pahirapan sarili mo sa paggawa ng holder.. bilhin mo yung tama na sukat na dyan.

ditto
    unless may need ng higher rated batt (for whatever reason), stick with default size.

edit;
    masyado pala mahal yun sa motolite kaya sya napapaisip

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ninjababez; December 21st, 2019 at 08:36 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post

Thanks for the input. I'm from Cebu but don't know who sells that brand here locally. I'll look into it.

Maybe. But it might require some MacGyvering to fit. Thanks will refer back to his post when the time comes to replace the motolite. :D

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks for the input. I'm from Cebu but don't know who sells that brand here locally. I'll look into it.

Maybe. But it might require some MacGyvering to fit. Thanks will refer back to his post when the time comes to replace the motolite. :D
    well, we won't know unless we try it.
    actually, by just getting a good look-see at your car's battery tray, we should get a pretty good idea of what will work and what won't.
    some battery tray designs are such that they can accept other battery cases with little or no modification. we simply have to find out what the designer had in mind.
    it's like those little hand puzzles one sees at the mall. it seems impossible at first, until one sees how simple it really is.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 23rd, 2019 at 03:25 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12