New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Does anyone know where i can fix the broken cigarette lighter socket in my car? I went to several places but they said they couldn't fix it for me. I guess the whole socket simply needs to be replaced.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    you may try bringing your car to a reputable electrical shop, something like rey's electricals. my car's cigarette lighter socket was busted and my electrician friend was able to fix it.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    better buy a cigarette lighter assembly and replaced it, it is available in concorde , robinson handyman or ace hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by alvinbmx View Post
    Does anyone know where i can fix the broken cigarette lighter socket in my car? I went to several places but they said they couldn't fix it for me. I guess the whole socket simply needs to be replaced.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i agree w/ bos hotwheels, better get the whole new shebang if you use your cig lighter frequently.

btw, i had the urge to replace my stock & perfectly fine lighter socket 2 weeks ago w/ a jdm socket having a ringlight on it, fortunately (or unfortunately) common sense dictated that "gastos lang iyon!"

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alvinbmx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hotwheels View Post
    better buy a cigarette lighter assembly and replaced it, it is available in concorde , robinson handyman or ace hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    i agree w/ bos hotwheels, better get the whole new shebang if you use your cig lighter frequently.

btw, i had the urge to replace my stock & perfectly fine lighter socket 2 weeks ago w/ a jdm socket having a ringlight on it, fortunately (or unfortunately) common sense dictated that "gastos lang iyon!"

You can buy off the shelf then do a DIY. :D

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Hi

A question about cig lighters. Where is the contact point? On the central post (marked in red) or along the raised lip (marked in blue)

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...terelement.jpg

I'm modifying a cdrking double lighter socket. As you can see, there's around a 5mm air gap (red arrow) and I need to know where to solder the new contact point.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n.../cigairgap.jpg

I can't use the other socket because its too small. I'll use that for my cellphone usb charger

car cigarette lighter socket