New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,670
    #1
    My stock battery is showing some signs that it is loosing some juice even though the battery technician told me that it still has some life left on it. I checked Motolite for DIN66 and was surprised to know it is around 7.5k to 8k.

    I searched for other brands and below offer MF DIN66 batteries (including their price). Which would be my best option among them? Thanks.

    3K MF 15 months - 4.6k
    Panasonic MF 18 months - 5.4k
    AC Delco MF 24 months - 6.5k
    Amaron MF 24 months - 7.6k

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25,927
    #2
    How old is the existing battery? Short drives daily?

    Amaron is popular for a reason.

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,670
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    How old is the existing battery? Short drives daily?

    Amaron is popular for a reason.
    The stock FoMoCo battery is now 21 months old. My Fiesta Ecoboost is my daily driver. Sucat to Makati CBD and back is the normal route.

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25,927
    #4
    I prefer a longer warranty... but that pana's price looks good. Is the pana made in philippines?

    My sister who just drives... just calls motolite for her trusty old vios.

  5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,670
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I prefer a longer warranty... but that pana's price looks good. Is the pana made in philippines?

    My sister who just drives... just calls motolite for her trusty old vios.
    There are Panasonic batteries made in Japan and some are made in Thailand. I heard from others who use them on their Subaru cars that it is good even past 24 months.

    I am bit disappointed with the pricing of Motolite for the DIN66 size. AC Delco and Amaron offers a better price over Motolite Gold. AC Delco and Amaron offers 24-month warranty for their MF batteries.

  6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,626
    #6
    replaced my original 3.5 year old GS battery for Montero with Motolite Gold MF 3sm before holy week.. bought it for 5,700 w/21 months warranty, less 500 trade-in so 5,200 na lang binayaran ko..

    here are their prices for motolite 3sm..
    Enduro 15mos - 4,700
    Gold 21mos - 5,700
    Excel 24mos - 6,800 (no stock at that time)

  7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,670
    #7
    *Elroi - Reasonable naman price ng Motolite sa mga usual battery sizes na 1SM, 2SM, or 3SM. Yung mga Euro sizes na DIN55, DIN66, at DIN74 yung presyo nasa 7k pataas.

  8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,515
    #8
    cost / warranty months = choice

  9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    93
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    My stock battery is showing some signs that it is loosing some juice even though the battery technician told me that it still has some life left on it. I checked Motolite for DIN66 and was surprised to know it is around 7.5k to 8k.

    I searched for other brands and below offer MF DIN66 batteries (including their price). Which would be my best option among them? Thanks.

    3K MF 15 months - 4.6k
    Panasonic MF 18 months - 5.4k
    AC Delco MF 24 months - 6.5k
    Amaron MF 24 months - 7.6k
    Recently bought a 3 SM Amaron having a 90Ah and a CCA of 750. Way powerful than Motolite Gold for 5.5k (discounted for I traded in my old motolite gold). Just wondering if the 7.6k is another battery model?

  10. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    161
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by granro01 View Post
    Recently bought a 3 SM Amaron having a 90Ah and a CCA of 750. Way powerful than Motolite Gold for 5.5k (discounted for I traded in my old motolite gold). Just wondering if the 7.6k is another battery model?
    Whooa. Thats a goodbuy? Where did you get and who is the dealer Sir? TIA.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Car Battery: Amaron vs AC Delco vs Panasonic vs 3k