New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    You will end up spending more, low end battery will only last a little over 6months..

And the hassle of replacing your battery every yr.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    AT kasi tranny ko bro, and i wouldnt want to have issues that could be avoided by replacing the battery every year. tutal mura lang naman ang kukunin ko na brand new battery kaya OK lang kahit di hi-end.
    any other thoughts?
    para mabawasan ang anxiety mo, bili ka na lang din ng battery na may view/window or indicator (not sure what it's called) para malaman mo kung medyo mapanganib na lagay ng battery (kung mf variant ang bibilhin niyo)

sa amaron meron niyang feature

btw, a/t din ang mga sasakyan namin

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    * glenn manikis
    nyak may 6 months din pala, akala ko standard 1 year

Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    para mabawasan ang anxiety mo, bili ka na lang din ng battery na may view/window or indicator (not sure what it's called) para malaman mo kung medyo mapanganib na lagay ng battery (kung mf variant ang bibilhin niyo)

ui nice! anong amaron may charge indicator?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* glenn manikis
    nyak may 6 months din pala, akala ko standard 1 year

Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post

ui nice! anong amaron may charge indicator?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    OK lang ba mga bro na religiously every year magpalit ng battery, pero low end version lang?
    i have acquaintances who do that... mga babae.
    they replace the battery at regular intervals, even if they do not show signs of deterioration. they do it every 2 years.

ako, i have battery charger and jumper cables for my AT. and i wait for the battery to show signs of age. sayang naman ang equipment na ito, kung hindi pakikinabangan..
    the first time it has difficulty starting the engine, go nahko sa battery store for replacement.

when we were younger and "poorer", we would re-charge the dying battery for several weeks more, before buying a rebuilt one (mura!). we also developed big muscles, from all that push-starting. and as there were no maintenance-free batteries then, and car charging systems were still electromechanical, we would check battery water levels every 1-2 weeks..
    and a friend would park his car at an incline, para madaling i-start sa umaga..

times have changed..

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I wait until the battery is dead. It is easy to push start naman then call motolite. But recently I replaced na without waiting for the batt to die and bought Amaron

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    sa tingin nyo mga bros 24 months is just as safe as every 12 months?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    sa tingin nyo mga bros 24 months is just as safe as every 12 months?
    Depende sa battery e. Tsaka sa pag-maintain mo.

Regular check-up can extend battery life kasi. Using heat wrap can also help.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    number one killer nang battery is heat...
    heat acts as a catalyst sa pag kasira ng battery...

there are two ways heat will decrease battery life.
    1. it speeds up the corrosion of the positive grid of the battery (growth-creep)

2. it increases the sulfide plating on the negative side of the battery (corrosion-creep)

local brands who use recycled lead (Pb), have trouble separating Silver from the lead. most recently manufactured batteries use silver on the grid and post.
    50 PPM... even after recycling and re-processing silver impurities will still be present and will result to uneven quality of lead plates.

the latest innovation in conventional lead-acid battery is the use of a special alloy (C-21), with addition of Ba ( BARIUM )... this combination slows the 2 processes mentioned above, increasing battery life dramatically....

ang nakaimbento at gumagawa nyan ay Furukawa battery of japan, which made a joint venture sa number 1 competitor ng amaron sa india, which is EXIDE batteries of U.S.

the incorporation of the technology of furukawa japan battery to the EXIDE line of batteries resulted into a product that is superior in every aspect,

just out of curiosity i bought one yesterday para masubok...

Car Battery Price | Four Wheeler Batteries in India | Passenger Car Battery
    India's no 1 products under the EXIDE, SF, SONIC and Standard Furukawa Brands.

SF SONIC batteries

para meh options kayo when choosing batteries, apart from amaron which is also good to begin with.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^magkano ang Exide battery? and saan meron?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    [QUOTE=ninjababez;2520037]AT kasi tranny ko bro, and i wouldnt want to have issues that could be avoided by replacing the battery every year. tutal mura lang naman ang kukunin ko na brand new battery kaya OK lang kahit di hi-end.
    any other thoughts?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kasi yung ibang mura ay kulang sa plates hence less ang Amp-hr rating. That means hindi minsan reliable kapag repeated starting kahit bago.

And I share your problem as all our cars are A/T for the simple reason that my wife can only drive A/T.
    What makes my situation worse is that you get nagged and blamed (you won't hear the end of it. .) should the car she used did not start in some unholy place.

I still find premium batteries cheaper than peace of mind. . .

Battery life span