New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Luap
    mine is Optima gold 2sm bought Oct 01 never had a problem with it up to now.
    thats a great feedback. is that Motolite?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by duncan_sheek
    in my case, i bought a 2sm motolite July of last year lang, pero nasira alternator ko and na-discharged battery ko, so i had it recharged nalang. ngayon medyo hard starting sa umaga. Considering its under one year pa lang, is it advisable to replace my battery with a new one? TIA.

Try to re check your alternator, kung talagang ok na sya you can claim your warranty nman sa battery shop na pinagbilhan mo...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Optima is made in the US. It is a completely different battery design using spiral plates technology. It can be used in any orientation (upright; sideways; etc.) and lifespan is supposedly at least fice years. Siyempre, at least five times din ang presyo! he..he..he..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Batteries are designed to last at least one year of NORMAL use. Longer life span can be designed pero mas mahal siyempre. The number of years is not really a good measure of the battery's worth. You have to factor in the electricals, type of engine (mas mainit ang diesel); age of the car (mas old, mas malakas mag discharge due to electrical leakage); at ACTUAL NUMBER OF HOURS USED. May tumatagal ng more than two years kasi mga teo hours a day lang nagagamit. May one year lang kasi almost 8 hours tumatakbo. So iba-iba yan.

Generally, pag hindi mo ginamit ang car for two weeks or more, madidischarge talaga battery. Specially yung mga may alarm, digital clocks, etc.

As for casa supplied batteries, one year lang design pero tumatagal dahil wala pang electrical leakage ang mga bagong cars.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Innoko
    Optima is made in the US. It is a completely different battery design using spiral plates technology. It can be used in any orientation (upright; sideways; etc.) and lifespan is supposedly at least fice years. Siyempre, at least five times din ang presyo! he..he..he..
    ah okay..thanks for the info.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    depends on the condition of your electicals, lalo na alternator.

Was able to stretch my EG hatchback's first battery life to 4 years! Dun ako bumilib sa outlast brand.

Not sure lang kung okay pa rin outlast ngayon.
    I agree with PK.

Like PK, I was able to stretch my Outlast battery to four years dun sa dati kong Sentra.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innoko
    Batteries are designed to last at least one year of NORMAL use. Longer life span can be designed pero mas mahal siyempre. The number of years is not really a good measure of the battery's worth. You have to factor in the electricals, type of engine (mas mainit ang diesel); age of the car (mas old, mas malakas mag discharge due to electrical leakage); at ACTUAL NUMBER OF HOURS USED. May tumatagal ng more than two years kasi mga teo hours a day lang nagagamit. May one year lang kasi almost 8 hours tumatakbo. So iba-iba yan.

Generally, pag hindi mo ginamit ang car for two weeks or more, madidischarge talaga battery. Specially yung mga may alarm, digital clocks, etc.

As for casa supplied batteries, one year lang design pero tumatagal dahil wala pang electrical leakage ang mga bagong cars.

Totally agreed!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My Motolite Excel Super Premium battery ay 4 years na sa Crosswind ko by July this year. Due for replacement na, although malakas pa ang battery at mejo may bulge na sa gilid. I heared that the price of Motoline Excel SP is around P3750, while the Motolite Gold is P2450.
    Ano difference nung Motolite Enduro?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    wow! this is great info cause mine's due for replacement already. used it for 2 years already. Roughly how much do you think a maintenance free battery costs?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bonch2484
    wow! this is great info cause mine's due for replacement already. used it for 2 years already. Roughly how much do you think a maintenance free battery costs?

1SM costs around 2,200.00, 2SM costs around 2,600.00.
    afaik.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Battery life span