New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    mga sir ask ko sana pwede ba ang motolite enduro 1sn sa automatic car..sabi kasi sakin ng shop dapat daw motolite gold kasi automatic kotse ko..honda civic 2001 automatic car ko stock set up ng sound at light..laki din difference ng gold sa enduro..info naman mga sir thanks..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by atog View Post
    mga sir ask ko sana pwede ba ang motolite enduro 1sn sa automatic car..sabi kasi sakin ng shop dapat daw motolite gold kasi automatic kotse ko..honda civic 2001 automatic car ko stock set up ng sound at light..laki din difference ng gold sa enduro..info naman mga sir thanks..
    The main difference between an Enduro and a Gold is the capacity which is why the Gold's warranty is longer at 21 months while the Enduro is only at 15 months. Though the Gold variant is better, I think the shop was just doing a sales pitch.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in my personal opinion and experience. get something bigger... brand may not be a a factor.
    if your stock car's battery is 1 SM, get a 2 SM.
    and always watch out for the condition of your alternator.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    suggest ko sir, mag Amaron ka na lang. mas malakas kaysa sa Motolite, mas mura pa. 21 month warranty din.check mo yung Amaron battery thread.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i suggest you get the smaller size.. the size 1xxx, and the cheapest with shorter guarantee period (enduro is fine). why? because batteries rarely last shorter than their guarantee period. i myself, have not seen any of my batteries, fail in less than 24 months.
    you can replace your battery every 24 months (or 18 months kung sigurista ka) even if it does not yet show signs of age. that way, you may not experience dead battery syndrome.
    and with the money you save by buying smaller and cheaper, you can buy a battery charger; mura lang yan, at wala pang expiration date.
    on the day your battery refuses to start the engine, just connect the charger to the battery and charge it for 15 minutes. that should get your engine started. then you can make a beehive route to the battery store for a new battery. no sweat

what if your battery dies on the road then? answer: it won't happen. it can't happen. the alternator will see to it that it does not happen. but if it does happen, just flag down a taxi and ask if he has jumper cables... they actually do this as sideline..

i once computed the per-day cost of battery vis a vis battery price, warranty period, and actual lifespan of the battery. my computations told me that i get more battery per peso if i stick to the smaller, shorter-warranty battery.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 7th, 2012 at 08:27 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd invest in a plug in voltmeter too. Got mine for around Php600 in Banawe but some pals say they're selling a similar item in Cartronics delmonte for Php350 only. So you can monitor if the current draw of all your accessories is too much and you can turn them off.

Invest in your own set of jumper cables, too. And get the good ones.

We used to be an all Motolite fleet (I use Motolite Gold on my personal vehicle). But if the Amaron I got for the other car works well enough, we might just switch brands soon.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i visit cdr king once in a while, and i am amazed at just how much technology is available at low cost.. akala ko, sa sine lang nakikita, and yet here it is! affordable pa..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Im using my current motolite gold for 3years na, still working good. I added battery water since out of warranty naman na. If ever i need to replace soon, ill use the same na rin, 3,500pesos yung nacanvass ko few week ago.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    agree ako dito.. sa experience ko.. pag matic.. ambilis maubos nang battery.. kung kasya sa rack.. go to the bigger size.. yung sa avanza... naka ns40 sya.. parating di umaabot sa warranty.. ok naman at pinapalitan nang bago nang motolite.. kaya nung naubos na yung replacement.. sinubukan ko mag ns60..

Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    in my personal opinion and experience. get something bigger... brand may not be a a factor.
    if your stock car's battery is 1 SM, get a 2 SM.
    and always watch out for the condition of your alternator.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    I'd invest in a plug in voltmeter too. Got mine for around Php600 in Banawe but some pals say they're selling a similar item in Cartronics delmonte for Php350 only. So you can monitor if the current draw of all your accessories is too much and you can turn them off.

Invest in your own set of jumper cables, too. And get the good ones.

We used to be an all Motolite fleet (I use Motolite Gold on my personal vehicle). But if the Amaron I got for the other car works well enough, we might just switch brands soon.
    eto hinahanap ko otep eh. kaya lang, nasa 700 sa south part..
    wala naman akong time magpunta pa ng banawe.