New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ironvin View Post
    Thanks sa mga input sirs, so here's my story,

I jumpstarted my car and went to the nearest auto shop.
    tinest nila yung batt and alternator, ok naman daw, may charge at nagcha-charge.
    in-off ko engine(to show the problem is), then tried to start it again, hindi nag crank / redondo.
    sabi ng electrician is starter na daw may sira, nilinisan and nagpalit lang ng carbon, ok na ulit. (P450 labor, P250 1set carbon)

funny thing is nung ginamitan ko ng ibang batt the first time hindi nag start, ok naman, kaya akala ko batt/alternator prob. Hays.
    did the starter engage, i.e., did the starter solenoid function? this solenoid is more sensitive to low batt than the brushes...
    sometimes, the solenoid gives warning signs before it completely bogs down..

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Nagpalit sya dati ng battery at nag crank, so he assumes not a starter problem.. Turns out, intermittent starting due to worn brush of starter. Anyway, doon din talaga direction ituturo ng mekaniko(ignition/ starting system) kung na-test na OK ang battery & charging system.

Glad ur ride is back to normal TS.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Sirs goodmorning po. Our ride is a 2009 MS. For the past 2 days hirap siya mag start. Nung unang araw, nagpajump start ako sa vios. Nung second day, nagpajump start ako sa fortuner pero ayaw parin so we decided to switch batts para maistart ko lang si MS. I also checked the battery voltage and cleaned the contacts and had a shop assess it. Nagkakarga naman si alternator. The shop gave me a warranty sa battery namin and for the meantime gave us a service battery which upon connecting, nag 1click start si MS.

Last night, coming from a drive using the service battery, kapag pinatay ko engine and let it sit for a couple of minutes (5mins) and try to start it again, ayaw na mag start. Mag redondo lang siya and after a few tries, mag click nalang. Called my dad to jump start it and after 5 mins nag start na siya. This morning, i checked the battery wires and its warm to touch. Im somewhat sure that something is draining the battery. All electricals are original pa.

Ano po possible issues nito sir?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by babynos01 View Post
    Sirs goodmorning po. Our ride is a 2009 MS. For the past 2 days hirap siya mag start. Nung unang araw, nagpajump start ako sa vios. Nung second day, nagpajump start ako sa fortuner pero ayaw parin so we decided to switch batts para maistart ko lang si MS. I also checked the battery voltage and cleaned the contacts and had a shop assess it. Nagkakarga naman si alternator. The shop gave me a warranty sa battery namin and for the meantime gave us a service battery which upon connecting, nag 1click start si MS.

Last night, coming from a drive using the service battery, kapag pinatay ko engine and let it sit for a couple of minutes (5mins) and try to start it again, ayaw na mag start. Mag redondo lang siya and after a few tries, mag click nalang. Called my dad to jump start it and after 5 mins nag start na siya. This morning, i checked the battery wires and its warm to touch. Im somewhat sure that something is draining the battery. All electricals are original pa.

Ano po possible issues nito sir?

parasitic drain+load staying on

or

battery top (top post type) dirty and wet

or

water intrusion on circuit/s- it had been raining lately

5. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Thank you for your reply sir.

Yung alternator po ba naka connect palagi sa battery? Yung starter kasi mag coconnect lang siya kapag nag ignition ka. Kapag nag run na engine, mag disconnect na siya.

Nung first time po nangyari na ayaw niya mag start, nasa covered parking lot po ako and dry naman po yung car.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by babynos01 View Post
    Thank you for your reply sir.

Yung alternator po ba naka connect palagi sa battery? Yung starter kasi mag coconnect lang siya kapag nag ignition ka. Kapag nag run na engine, mag disconnect na siya.

Nung first time po nangyari na ayaw niya mag start, nasa covered parking lot po ako and dry naman po yung car.

the alternator is always connected, the output terminal BAT is connected directly to the battery positive through the highest rating fuse in a car. the other wire/s are connected but are interrupted or connected by the ignition switch. if the alternator brushes are worn out, the carbon dust accumulates inside the alternator and is a possible cause for an internal unintentional connection to ground.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Ah sige sir. Salamat po. I also watched a video on youtube to find potential shorts. Ill try to do it paguwi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12