New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    My Crosswind's starting during the day has no problem. I bring the missus to school, do some jogging at the park, going around the city for many reasons with air con and all those signal lights and my car would just be fine.

The problem happens during the night. The headlight, aircon, etc are fine as long as the engine is on. The problem comes when I park and leave the car for awhile. When I restart the engine, it fails. I have to get my pick up and with the engine running I would hook up with the Crosswind the batteries and do some recharging. After 2 or 3 minutes I could restart the Crosswind again. My battery is just a year old.

The problem just came out a month ago and I'm thinking it could be the battery.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    dalhin mo na lang sa tindahan ng battery , and doon maron silang tester to check kung maganda pa ang charging ng alternator or defective na ang battery. para sure,

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    tama. kelangan ipa-check kung nagkakarga ng maayos. kasi kahit palitan ng battery kung di kumakarga sayang naman.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    share ko lang baka sakaling pareho ng solusyon kase halos pareho ng simtomas.. yung terminals sa battery siguraduhin na mahigpit yung talagang mahigpit na maski anung yugyog eh hindi gagalaw kahit 1mm man lang..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro,- Place a voltmeter across the terminal of the battery and run the engine with all accessories on... You should have a feel if the alternator is still charging the battery enough or not....

When you say "no problem in the morning", are you saying that even if you use the vehicle the night before, it will start the following morning?

16.2K:bat:

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bro,- Place a voltmeter across the terminal of the battery and run the engine with all accessories on... You should have a feel if the alternator is still charging the battery enough or not....

When you say "no problem in the morning", are you saying that even if you use the vehicle the night before, it will start the following morning?

I'm usually home at 5 pm bringing everybody from school. Right. There are times I could not start when I used the headlights the night before.

What I do, at night, is to run the engine with the air con and headlights off for 2 to 3 minutes before shutting it down. Sometimes, we go to the mall at night and if I would shut down the engine as soon as we parked, I could not restart when we went back.

Oh. I forgot to mention that I have changed my headlight bulb to a higher wattage but that was a year ago already and my present problem just came out a month or so.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if it's not the alternator nor the electrical connections, then it must be the battery. and at 1 year old, it's probably still under warranty and you can get a brand new battery! yehey!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    I got my old Fluke digital meter and measured:

engine running only.....13.9 to 14 volts
    plus aircon on.............13.5
    plus headlights on........12.2
    plus signal lights .......... 12

The normal voltage when charging is 13 to 14 volts. It seems my alternator cannot cope up with the demands of the headlights and signal lights.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

The headlights are a big drain, bro.(delta of 1.3V).... From the normal 55/60W,- did you upgrade to 100W or higher? But then again, you said you upgraded it a year ago.

It looks like you need to have your alternator checked...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    It could be the battery or the alternator. Just bring it to any battery shop to make which one needs replacement.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast