New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Good morning.

Need help.
    Had this mechanic from a battery store check my battery. Openned the lids, inserted some sort of a dip stick. All the holes had fluids but said that my battery is already dead. How do I know the correct level of fluid in the battery? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    electrolyte tester yung i-insert nya, to test the battery acid. hygrometer yata tawag dun, it tells if the acid is still ok. if the battery is dead, no matter if you change the acid or add water it is dead. mura lang battery, mas mura kesa sa towing ng mmda.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kudil View Post
    Good morning.

Need help.
    Had this mechanic from a battery store check my battery. Openned the lids, inserted some sort of a dip stick. All the holes had fluids but said that my battery is already dead. How do I know the correct level of fluid in the battery? Thanks!
    Have it check again sa ibang battery store,then while they are checking with the dips,look also,water level must meet the green color,means its okey pa,when it meet the red color,you know na what it means hehehe Better buy na the maintainance free battery,no hazzle!

4. Join Date
    May 2006

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    electrolyte tester yung i-insert nya, to test the battery acid. hygrometer yata tawag dun, it tells if the acid is still ok. if the battery is dead, no matter if you change the acid or add water it is dead. mura lang battery, mas mura kesa sa towing ng mmda.
    Yep, get a new battery soon or risk it.

Unless of course if your car is a diesel, you can keep going on even without the battery just don't shut it down until you reach a battery shop

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Yep, get a new battery soon or risk it.

Unless of course if your car is a diesel, you can keep going on even without the battery just don't shut it down until you reach a battery shop
    Just dont turn on any unnecessary electrical devices like your sound system.

The dipstick is called a hydrometer.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    or better replace your battery with Zero Maintenance

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by erict View Post
    or better replace your battery with Zero Maintenance
    you can try the AMARON battery - zero maintenance na daw siya...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    the tool used to extract specimen from the battery cells, repeat, cells is a hydrometer. it tells the specific gravity of the electrolyte and conseauently tells the state of charge of the battery. a fully charged battery will have electrolyte specific gravity between 1.260 up to 1.265 at around 70 degrees fahrenheit. all cells must be tested, not just one. if the s.g. or the charge is insufficient at the time of testing, attempt to charge the battery first, then test. if one of the cells fail to reach 1.260 s.g., replace the battery. if you opt for the "maintenance free", it might be equipped with a green eye or a blue eye indicator. this only tells you of the condition of the particular battery cell and not necessarily the condition of all six. if you can purchase the vent cap type (all cells have a vent cap/vent), it is usually the better option since the battery is only activated once you pay for it, that's why it is always fresher than the maintenance free type

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mbk347 View Post
    you can try the AMARON battery - zero maintenance na daw siya...
    more than 5 years ago na, baka nabenta na nya yung auto. hehe.

The Battery