New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    sir modern car fusible links are reversible.it breaks down when it detects short circuit then re-program after couple of hours.but for sure your battery gets fries.subukan mo hiram muna ng maayos na battery and im sure andar ulit car mo...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ooops sorry, me reply na pala TS sa post#9 na napaandar na niya. sorry di ko agad nabasa.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by elo View Post
    at first i checked the fusible links and fuses all of them are good , got my battery today after recharging it tried starting it and it started thank you god
    pa burger ka naman idol hehehehe!!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    kung i-compute mo ang output ng terminals na nabaligtad ang pagka-series,
    cancel out ang voltages, kanya = zero ang voltage na pumunta sa load.

pero ang amperahe ng kuryente between the baterya eh equal sa short circuit
    ng 24 volts DC, ang taas nuon!
    Last edited by tip_tipid; November 7th, 2010 at 08:37 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    nonsense to damage ecu /ecm/pcm due his action.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by billnomoney View Post
    nonsense to damage ecu /ecm/pcm due his action.

Sir, bakit mo nasabi na nonsense?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Most electronic devices w/ transistor or IC components will be damaged by reverse voltage polarity. Unless the Electronics Engineers anticipated this accident in our car and installed protection devices. Such as fuse,diodes, ic regulator or relay to disconnect circuit from the battery.

I think the word "series" ang ginamit ng mga Pinoy Mechanic noon unang panahon. Kasi hirap sila bigkasin yun " parallel". He he he

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    sir, if you think that the ECM is fried... better to bring it immediately to an auto electrical shop.. rather than trying anything else... happened to me before, a friends car, japanese surplus, we mistakenly installed the battery reverse... fried everything... cost us around 15K... toyota delica i think it was.... just my 2 cents...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    almost similar thing sa akin nagkabliktad instal ng battery ng Blade trinoma staff dati...ilang fuse sira and the main one ng vios na ang tagal nila nahanp nasa battery terminal pla...

no damage to ECU and others...as in fuses lang talaga
    if you're familiar with car electronic devices (I used to do electronic repairs when I was a teenager) meron reverse polarity diodes mga yan na sila sasalo ng reversal plus inductors for noise reduction lalo na sa HUs

These i saw even on the digital gauge of the vios matic...and some fried ECUs during the Ondoy aftermath

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_18 View Post
    Guys correct me if I'm wrong. Diba ang connection is (+) of dead battery to (+) of good battery and (-) of good battery to (-) of dead battery. If I'm correct mali kasi ang term na ginagamit, dapat battery paralleling at hindi series baka kaya may mga nagkakamali. Ang series kasi is (+) to (-) connection.
    Parallel connections nga yun. I think the term "series" was from before when the car's electrical system was different, di na lang nabago and to jump-start a car, we still say "i-series", but despite of it, I'm sure the mechanic knew the correct connection which is POS to POS and NEG to NEG. Nalito lang siguro sa cables.
    Happened here at the shop on a RAV 4; the moment you try to connect the last wrong clip on the terminal, mag-spark na agad yun indicating that a wrong connection has been made. Main fuse lang near the POS terminal ang pumutok.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
baliktad pagka-series ng battery