New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    baliktad pagka series ng battery now ayaw na mag start fuel injected ang engine possible ba computer box nasira it cranks but wont start pls help

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    You mean the polarity was reversed? Oooohh.. you're likely screwed.

Check the fuses that has anything to do with the ignition and fuel pump.

Worst case, yes, you may have a dead ECM on your hands.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    You mean the polarity was reversed? Oooohh.. you're likely screwed.

Check the fuses that has anything to do with the ignition and fuel pump.

Worst case, yes, you may have a dead ECM on your hands.
    I don't think the fuses would be affected.

I really do think the engine ECU would be fried. Maybe the electronic ignition system as well (if the car is equipped with a separate unit from the ECU).

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    thats the last thing you want to happen but it happened.

best case scenario is you have a main fusible link blown .

worst is yeah a fried ecm/pcm

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Malaki ang posibilidad na nasira ang electronic components ng sasakyan...

Normally, may mga IC regulators sila to bring down the DCV from 12V to 5V/3V where most electronic parts operate. Sana regulators lang,- pero ganunpaman,- they're mounted on the PCB...

11.1K:transform:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I don't think the fuses would be affected.

I really do think the engine ECU would be fried. Maybe the electronic ignition system as well (if the car is equipped with a separate unit from the ECU).
    Some electronics with electrolytic capacitors at the input would appear "shorted" when the polarity is reversed. When that happens, there's still a possibility that the fuse was fast enough break the circuit before any permanent damage was done.

Although slim, it's still a viable possibility.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Guys correct me if I'm wrong. Diba ang connection is (+) of dead battery to (+) of good battery and (-) of good battery to (-) of dead battery. If I'm correct mali kasi ang term na ginagamit, dapat battery paralleling at hindi series baka kaya may mga nagkakamali. Ang series kasi is (+) to (-) connection.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ yun kasi usually term kung ginagamitan ng jumper cable yung dead batt. pero electrically speaking, tama yung sinabi mo.

i hate to say this but i think majority of your electrical might be fried. hugutin na yung ECU and smell if its burnt. tapos pacheck na lang sa electrician.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    at first i checked the fusible links and fuses all of them are good , got my battery today after recharging it tried starting it and it started thank you god

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    *Louie 18
    Definitely you're right. Noon ko pa nga kinokontra yung term na ginagamit dito sa atin sa Pinas eh, misleading kasi. When we say series connection...the resultant Emf (voltage or electro motive force) will be the sum of the individual Emf of the batteries... Battery 1= 12volts, Batt 2= 12volts. So, VT= V1 + V2, ang resulta Total Emf = 24volts. Eh sabog lahat ng electrical components ng sasakyan kapag series connection ang ginamit (for 12VDC system only). It should be called parallel, where as VT=V1=V2....so on and so forth. Sa parallel connection, the total emf is equal to the individual emf of the batteries, only the Total Current (I or amperes) is the sum of the individual current of the batteries, kaya lumalakas yung pwersa (initial torque) para i-crank yung cranking motor (starter) kapag ipinarallel yung dead battery sa good battery.

SERIES CONN PARALLEL CONN
    VT= V1 + V2 + V3.... VT= V1 = V2 =V3.....
    IT = I1 =I2 = I3.... IT = I1 + I2 + I3....

Kaya lang hindi na natin mababago yung nakasanayan ng mga pinoy eh kahit mali, yun ang natututunan eh. Minsan sinubukan ko gamitin yung term na parallel, tinawanan lang ako ng auto electrician, hindi nya kasi alam eh. But in fairness, alam nya yung gingawa nya, bad technically speaking, mali yung mga terms na ginagamit, hindi papasa sa industrial standards. Eh alangan makipagtalo pa ko at sabihin ko mechatronics engr ako, kaya hinayaan ko na lang. But if and when I talk to youngsters, itinatama ko para hindi sila ma mislead, kahit naman sa HS eh itinuturo yun.

*ELO

To sum up, if the connection was mistakenly reversed, I am afraid the Electronic Control Module (ECM) is already busted, UNLESS otherwise equipped with reverse current protector yung system mo, pero very rare ginagamit sa atuomotive yun, most often sa industrial applications lang ng engine nilalagay yun, especially sa planta. the best thing you should do eh ipacheck mo sa electrician na marunong magdiagnose ng ECM, wag sa ordinary electrician who only knows the old technology. ECM is a hightech process control device, it functions like a computer. So I suggest ipacheck mo agad ng hindi na lumaki ang damage if you try to start over and over with out giving remedy to the trouble.

DIESEL_MAN

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
baliktad pagka-series ng battery