http://tsikot.com/forums/toyota-cars...14/?highlight=
    http://tsikot.com/forums/electricals...54/?highlight=
    http://tsikot.com/forums/engine-fuel...99/?highlight=
    http://tsikot.com/forums/electricals...22/?highlight=

1992 corolla, 4af engine carb-type

engine top overhaul done dec. 2013
    distributor replaced feb. 2014
    alternator upgraded from 65amps to 90amps april 2014

my current issue is, though not always but on some occasions, while im driving all of a sudden, the engine dies out and all electricals except for the radio turns off.

so i have to quickly place the car in neutral, turn the engine off, and then start it while the car is moving.

what could be the cause?

even if i have just replaced the alternator, it happened again just today while i was driving in edsa. the electrician told me it was a bad IC from the old alternator so i replaced it with a higher ampere.

need your help tsikot masters!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Hmm.. dami mo na rin pala napagawa. Anyway start tayo basics ulit for isolation lang

The way i see it based lang sa description mo its possible na electrical issue or fuel related problem yan. Try mo muna the following

1) Check the high tension wires baka may isa dyan may tama na. A tester will do ang replace all na kung hindi pa napapalitan
    2) Double check the distributor cap baka pud pud na
    3) Palagyan mo na ng grounding kit kahit i DIY mo na. I highly recommend you have this done
    4) Check the fuel filter baka madumi na
    5) Do you use an air filter for the carb? Kapag wala that will cause na pwede magbara sa passages yung dumi. Kung meron naman and you already used the car for 20,000 + KMS then its due for replacement na
    6) When was the last time nagpalinis ka ng gas tank? This is optional naman kung wala ka napapansin na nakargahan ka ng may halong tubig

After doing this and hindi pa rin ok lets see kung ano pa pwede gawin later

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Nagyari sa aking truck yan. Biglang mamamatay while running. Pag pinaandar, aandar ulit. Ang pagkakaiba lang ay diesel yung aking truck.

Pinatingnan sa casa, di nila naayos. Pinadala ko sa trusted na mekaniko, hinigpitan lang ang fuel filter. Ayon, good na.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Hmm.. dami mo na rin pala napagawa. Anyway start tayo basics ulit for isolation lang

The way i see it based lang sa description mo its possible na electrical issue or fuel related problem yan. Try mo muna the following

1) Check the high tension wires baka may isa dyan may tama na. A tester will do ang replace all na kung hindi pa napapalitan
    3) Palagyan mo na ng grounding kit kahit i DIY mo na. I highly recommend you have this done
    5) Do you use an air filter for the carb? Kapag wala that will cause na pwede magbara sa passages yung dumi. Kung meron naman and you already used the car for 20,000 + KMS then its due for replacement na
    6) When was the last time nagpalinis ka ng gas tank? This is optional naman kung wala ka napapansin na nakargahan ka ng may halong tubig

After doing this and hindi pa run ok lets see kung ano pa pwede gawin later

If I may add a few points aside from what has been suggested,

Check your spark plug condition if the fuel is burned properly. If you can rewire the fan to it's original thermostat sensor controlled connection it would be better in my opinion. Are you experiencing slightly elevated engine temperature? They wired the fan directly to the battery so it can help your engine cooling system. However, doing this will shorten the life of the fan itself and besides if there really is a problem with the engine cooling system and air-con then these should be restored to their near original operating condition not with odd fixes. Check the current load in the alternator whenever the Aircon compressor kicks in. If you notice a significant change in reading then I suggest you also check the compressor winding. This may also have something to do with the shutting down problem compounded by the permanent fan load being installed "rekta". Sometimes the compressor is nearing it's end and the pistons inside are already misaligned and becomes a burden load for the engine and alternator. Just my two cents.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    habang tumatakbo and namatay engine and other electrical system, try mo ikadyot ang clutch, pag hindi umandar malamang ignition switch ang problema mo.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    everything dies except the engine...
    i experienced this twice or thrice over 14 years in my old sentra. after a few seconds, everything comes back to life.. parang minulto... very scary because they happened at night, and i couldn't see where i was going..
    to this day, i do not know what happened..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    nangyari sa akin yan sa NLEX cruising 100kph...between meyc exit and valenzuela nasa fast lane ako na biglang namatay lahat. Automatic ang dala ko mga 5-10sec biglang nabuhay ulit.

happen to me twice. Dinala ko sa casa wala silang nakita.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    habang tumatakbo and namatay engine and other electrical system, try mo ikadyot ang clutch, pag hindi umandar malamang ignition switch ang problema mo.
    +1 on t2erns comments on the ignition switch. Happened to me more than once in a B14 Sentra. Nung ginalaw-galaw ko yung susi, ayun gumana lahat. Also, check your fuses and relays for possible loose connections.
    Last edited by jvnj; April 11th, 2014 at 07:18 PM. Reason: insufficient info

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Nangyari na rin yan sa akin. Sa Exalta ko, ini-scan, walang nakita. Basa ako ng manual sa section ng undetected ng scan is Fuel Pump at madami pang iba. Linis ako ng TB, IACV, Fuel Tank, Change Fuel filter, change fuel pump and change Idle Screw. Nung natapos, hindi ko na na-experience yung bigla na lang mamatay yung kotse na walang ka-warning warning.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post

htw replaced na po. working din yung original htw
    bagong palit na din po distributor and cap (2nd hand surplus)
    magkano po ang grounding kit ngayon?
    replaced last december 2013 na din po but will have it checked na din para sure
    bagong palit din po last december 2013
    ito ang di ko pa po napapagawa. will have it checked na din

After doing this and hindi pa rin ok lets see kung ano pa pwede gawin later
    many thanks po sir for the troubleshooting guidelines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast