New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hi to all,

I'm planning to change my current alternator rated 90A to 110A. Please Advice if this is OK....recently i have installed HID for my headlight....

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Good day yes you can, but you have to change your battery too, by 12v 110ah.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gmd View Post
    Good day yes you can, but you have to change your battery too, by 12v 110ah.
    thanks for the Advise...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    is there a battery rated 12V 110AH? my current battery is having 12v 75AH....Please Advice..thanks a lot...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    You may have new alternator already but if you are still undecided, go for 110 amps, the one that gives high amps at low engine speed or idle as indicated in the specs otherwise baka sayang din. This should look bigger and heavier with bigger wires than low-amp alternator. You don't have to change the battery for this.

The other thing to consider is the pulleys should match at that rarting double belt na or 'B' size na yung belt na ginagamit.

Good luck.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by neil_xtrm View Post
    Hi to all,

I'm planning to change my current alternator rated 90A to 110A. Please Advice if this is OK....recently i have installed HID for my headlight....

Why would you need a new alternator? Hid systems usually have lower wattages compared to halogen? If indeed you have replaced your alternator, why would you have to replace your current battery? A good alternator has a cut-off when the battery is fully charged, especially IC types like those in the pajero.

I'am guessing your gonna get the one from the hyundai starex cause its a bolt-on to the 4d56, right?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Why would you need a new alternator? Hid systems usually have lower wattages compared to halogen? If indeed you have replaced your alternator, why would you have to replace your current battery? A good alternator has a cut-off when the battery is fully charged, especially IC types like those in the pajero.

I'am guessing your gonna get the one from the hyundai starex cause its a bolt-on to the 4d56, right?
    Actually, my current alternator was being repaired 3 times already.....so i decided to replace the whole thing...the friend told me to replace my current alternator which is rated 90A to 110A...

90A or 110A for my pajero 4d56 TDIC