New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    mazda 3 hatchback ang liit naman. sa mga cuv's ngaun CRV gen 1 pinakamaliit, ganito ba siya kalaki
    Its just a bit bigger than a Mazda 3 hatchback with 1.4 cu. ft. of extra luggage room...

Dodge Caliber
    Front Head Room: 40 in.
    Front Hip Room: 52.2 in.
    Front Shoulder Room: 54.2 in.
    Front Leg Room: 41.8 in.

Rear Head Room: 38.9 in.
    Rear Shoulder Room: 53.4 in.
    Rear Hip Room: 49.6 in.
    Rear Leg Room: 35.6 in.

Luggage Capacity: 18.5 cu. ft.
    Maximum Cargo Capacity: 48 cu. ft.

Mazda 3 5-door
    Front Head Room: 39.1 in.
    Front Hip Room: 53.8 in.
    Front Shoulder Room: 54.9 in.
    Front Leg Room: 41.1 in.

Rear Head Room: 38.4 in.
    Rear Shoulder Room: 54 in.
    Rear Hip Room: 52.5 in.
    Rear Leg Room: 36.3 in.

Luggage Capacity: 17.1 cu. ft.

In the RP the Caliber is sort of like a niche vehicle, its something different(not quite a car, not quite an SUV or MPV).
    Its more affordable than a new Beetle(that still sold here?)

...and much more affordable than a Mercedes B170.
    Last edited by AG4; October 18th, 2007 at 04:24 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    when you guys go see that car in person, i am willing to bet you will not think it's worth P 1.575 million.

i've seen it - imho a base mazda 3 or civic is a much better car for a better price.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    when you guys go see that car in person, i am willing to bet you will not think it's worth P 1.575 million.

i've seen it - imho a base mazda 3 or civic is a much better car for a better price.
    Yep medyo mahal yata sa 1.575 million, I have seen some, the interior sucks, cheap plastic galore, the car is quite tall pero it is still small, I think it competes against the Civic, Mazda3, Corolla, Elantra.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    dinaan sa gadgets and audio system...pero puny engine at 2WD naman, ouch...pass tayo dyan

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's really a Mazda3 competitor. It's only expensive because of the CBU price.

I'll withhold final judgement till I see the variant they bring in.

But for 1.5m, CATS should just bring in the SRT model or at least the 2.4 AWD model. They could possibly sell the AWD model for 1.5 as it has no direct competition in that price range... but a base 2.0 FWD model for 1.5? I don't know how well the Caliber's rather plebian interior and features can compete with the Europeans in that price range.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If it's a Mazda 3 competitor, it's priced quite high. That's Mazda 6 pricing already. But it does look butch vs the 6's svelte design.
    Last edited by IMm29; October 18th, 2007 at 03:33 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Against the 6? No go. The Caliber is small.

Quote Originally Posted by AG4

Dodge Caliber
    Front Head Room: 40 in.
    Front Hip Room: 52.2 in.
    Front Shoulder Room: 54.2 in.
    Front Leg Room: 41.8 in.

Rear Head Room: 38.9 in.
    Rear Shoulder Room: 53.4 in.
    Rear Hip Room: 49.6 in.
    Rear Leg Room: 35.6 in.

Luggage Capacity: 18.5 cu. ft.
    Maximum Cargo Capacity: 48 cu. ft.

Mazda 3 5-door
    Front Head Room: 39.1 in.
    Front Hip Room: 53.8 in.
    Front Shoulder Room: 54.9 in.
    Front Leg Room: 41.1 in.

Rear Head Room: 38.4 in.
    Rear Shoulder Room: 54 in.
    Rear Hip Room: 52.5 in.
    Rear Leg Room: 36.3 in.
    Note that the Mazda3 is actually wider and longer in the back seat than the Caliber... and the Mazda3 ain't exactly the biggest of compact cars. Dodge Neon owners have noted that the Caliber is actually shorter than the Neon (and the Neon is downright tiny... parang lumang Lancer lang yun.)

The Caliber in the US straddles the price range of subcompacts (directly marketed against the Nissan Versa and Honda Fit/Jazz) and compacts (goes up against the Mazdaspeed3 and Golf GTi with the Caliber SRT4).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    If it's a Mazda 3 competitor, it's priced quite high. That's Mazda 6 pricing already. But it does look butch vs the 6's svelte design.
    Its priced high because its CBU from the US. Its for people who want something different. I'd take this over the anemic P2.25M 114hp B170 Benz.
    For practicality, you can always get a Fortuner, Innova, Grandis etc.

I've heard that there are a couple of Dodge Calibers running around makati already, so I guess they found their small niche in the local market.
    Last edited by AG4; October 18th, 2007 at 04:04 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Too rich for my blood. I wonder if Chrysler can consider putting up a Jeep manufacturing plant here. I'm a big fan of Jeep but sadly can't afford the genuine article.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Too rich for my blood. I wonder if Chrysler can consider putting up a Jeep manufacturing plant here. I'm a big fan of Jeep but sadly can't afford the genuine article.
    I guess they think there are too many "Jeep" factories in the RP...
    About more affordable Jeeps... they will build rugged Multipurpose "work" versions of the Wrangler Unlimited in Egypt for civilian and military use(LHD and RHD), its called the J8. Its powered by a 158hp commonrail diesel engine.

*I guess they might add more colors besides desert tan and olive green.

Other "affordable" Jeeps... the Jeep versions of the Caliber.

Here's a cool Caliber with Startech wheels + bodykit(Chrysler tuner based in Germany).
    Last edited by AG4; October 18th, 2007 at 06:27 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
CATS launches the Dodge Caliber 2.0 CVT