New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    I'm on the market for a minivan as a daily ride. Please help me compare and decide what to buy.

After reading almost all of the thread that I could find regarding suzuki carry and daihatsu hijet using the search button here in tsikot, I decided to create a thread to compare both of them specifically because I did not find any thread from my search like this one that I created.

Hope you guys could help me. thanks in advance. :-)

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    I, too, would also like to ask for opinions.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbites View Post
    I, too, would also like to ask for opinions.
    I would suggest to visit this thread:
    http://tsikot.com/forums/suzuki-cars...erged%5D-1546/

Hope this helps...

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    I had a Daihatsu Hi-Jet in the early '90's. I bought a 2-year old, used unit. It had a very strong, capable engine. Ang dami kong nahakot and na-i-sakay when I was moving house. Pati aluminum ladder nagkasya, haha!

I loved that little van for hakutan and for going around the neighborhood, and to the grocery.

5. Cons:

1. Front dives down and pulls to the side when overtaken by a bus on the highway (SLEX).
    2. Front panel is difficult to detach and re-attach, when accessing the radiator.
    3. Air-con is practically useless. The 2 air vents cover only the 2 people riding in front. Needs an electric fan for the rear.
    4. Hard to find a half-depth car stereo unit that will fit the center console
    5. At 80-100 kph on EDSA (pag Good Friday), it needed a sack of rice in the rear to stop from bouncing up and down.

Never tried or rode in a Suzuki SuperCarry. But I hope the above info will be useful to you for comparing.
    Afterward, I sold this van to an officemate, who ran it to the ground, left it to rust and sold it for junk. Sayang.

Daihatsu Hijet or Suzuki Carry/Every/Minivan? Please compare.