New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    If you will own a personalize Sports car. What do you want?
    A small car body with large engine or big car body with small engine?

Sample.
    Suzuki alto body with Nissan GTR engine VS Nissan GTR body with suzuki alto engine.

Whats your priority.. Sporty Looks or Sporty performance.

Sporty looks have saving on fuel, maintenance and unit cost.
    Sporty performance have the speed and acceleration you want.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    2016 Mazda MX-5 2.0 6MT

3. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Allen Iverson vs Shawn Bradley? I will go with Allen Iverson any given day

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Small car body with a large engine.

Example: Classic Mini with a Honda VTEC engine.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    who was that guy? he put a chevy big block V-8 engine into a honda civic.??

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What's the point of having a big car with a tiny engine?

You won't get great performance.

You won't even get great fuel economy. To move mass takes power. To use power takes fuel. A small engine needs to make the same power as a big engine to provide the same acceleration. While it will use less fuel at idle, any time you need to accelerate, an overworked engine will use much more fuel than a bigger, understressed one.

If all you want is the looks, it's pretty easy to stick a few hundred thousand pesos worth of ugly bodykit onto a small car to make it look bigger....

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    and then there's carroll shelby.. cobra.
    some say, he put wheels around the engine and a seat behind it..
    i'm sure they were exaggerating..
    Last edited by dr. d; April 11th, 2015 at 05:49 PM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    What's the point of having a big car with a tiny engine?

You won't get great performance.

You won't even get great fuel economy. To move mass takes power. To use power takes fuel. A small engine needs to make the same power as a big engine to provide the same acceleration. While it will use less fuel at idle, any time you need to accelerate, an overworked engine will use much more fuel than a bigger, understressed one.

If all you want is the looks, it's pretty easy to stick a few hundred thousand pesos worth of ugly bodykit onto a small car to make it look bigger....
    What if sir i have suzuki alto and there a body kit that look wide and sports car like nissan gtr for alto. Like a mask of alto to become nissan gtr. Do you think it have huge effect on fuel?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by philsat View Post
    What if sir i have suzuki alto and there a body kit that look wide and sports car like nissan gtr for alto. Like a mask of alto to become nissan gtr. Do you think it have huge effect on fuel?
    Of course due to added weight.

Ill give an example, gen2 vios and gen 3. Same engine but different body. Based on owners, it seems that gen2 is more fuel efficient compared to gen3.

Fuel efficiency is not based solely on how tiny your engine is. It goes with design. The tires used, how aerodynamic the body is, transmission design. Its a matter of getting the right combination.

But if you want your alto with GTR body kits, watch out for the baduy thread ☺

10. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by boytsiks View Post
    Of course due to added weight.

Ill give an example, gen2 vios and gen 3. Same engine but different body. Based on owners, it seems that gen2 is more fuel efficient compared to gen3.

Fuel efficiency is not based solely on how tiny your engine is. It goes with design. The tires used, how aerodynamic the body is, transmission design. Its a matter of getting the right combination.

But if you want your alto with GTR body kits, watch out for the baduy thread ☺
    I think it have very few effect on fuel consumsion. Its like you add 1 passenger everytime you use it.. The body kit i means is like a totally replica.. Like 99 percent replica. Haba at taba ay kapareho ng original..

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Small car body with large engine VS Big car body with small engine