New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    doesn't matter aslong as you love your classic car y not?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    san ba mga shop ng american cars dto sa pinas?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    woodfire nabenta na b ung stingray niyo sir?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i'd prefer adding new tech for safety reasons, lalo na if you'll be running it once in a while.

freak him out by putting cross-drilled, slotted rotors with 12-pot calipers. :lol:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by woodfire
    I showed the pic to a friend who's also a muscle car enthusiast based in Makati. Well, he basically frowned on the modern technology coz accdg to him it violates the spirit of the car. He obviously is a purist in this sense.
    I guess its acceptable since you're not restoring your '67 Mustang to its original "Showroom" condition anyway.
    Btw, What are the engine specs and wheels?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    engine? it's a 289c.i. engine but I uprated it for modern street use. I installed an edelbrock performer aluminum cylinder heads,and edelbrock thunder series 650cfm carburetor. TURBO a.k.a. Deo Concepcion sold me a hotter cam, roller rockers, solid lifters, and a surplus edelbrock performer aluminum intake manifold.

wheels are pre-owned 15x8 american racing torque thrust. tires are bf goodrich radial T/A's (215 & 225 60 series).

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by woodfire
    engine? it's a 289c.i. engine but I uprated it for modern street use. I installed an edelbrock performer aluminum cylinder heads,and edelbrock thunder series 650cfm carburetor. TURBO a.k.a. Deo Concepcion sold me a hotter cam, roller rockers, solid lifters, and a surplus edelbrock performer aluminum intake manifold.

wheels are pre-owned 15x8 american racing torque thrust. tires are bf goodrich radial T/A's (215 & 225 60 series).
    Nice...
    Have you posted pics of your '67 Mustang convertible already?
    Last edited by AG4; March 28th, 2006 at 02:37 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    that's ok,anything for performance..the only thing that stops one from putting modifications in classics especially when it comes to ford mustangs is the fact that ford performance parts are triple the cost of chevy...but when it comes to brakes, that's better, discs na talaga maganda ilagay sa ponies..hahah actually that's the weakness of mustangs eh..haha big engine, a lot of power and torque sa midsize body,kaya lang walang stopping power to tame that adrenaline haha kaya tama lang yan...if ever you modified your ride by putting a lot of speakers,fiber glass and drilled holes anywhere siguro yun pa sayang kotse, but for performance...i do not think so...and wait you know anyone selling any 65-69 steeds v8 289 or 260? maski dapa na i need a new project eh...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you built the car to be used, it's ok to modernize. Unless you are building a museum piece or garage decoration.

Dun sa '46 Ford kakalagay lang namin ng electric fuel pump (pang-Toyota ata). Also added a/c and aux fans. Naka CD player pa. Also used modern relays and fuses.

But it does not detract from the charm of the vehicle. It even makes using it more pleasurable and reliable.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    New tech on an old car? Parang sleeper mod. Not bad, actually.

It's one of the reasons why the Nissan Verita appeals to me. Retro aesthetics matched with modern-day amenities.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
modern technology for classic car?