New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ^diba ang honda civic EK, may counter part din ng isuzu so na rip off din pala ng isuzu ang EK civic?

So ano pala ito para sa yo? rip-off or rebadge?

Chevrolet Tavera of India

Isuzu Crosswind of the Philippines

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    nabawasan ng pogi points ang honda eh.

an FD for the price of a city. tapos dagdag ka lang ng 10K for badges and steering wheel pwede mo na pa PMS sa casa ng honda. ahahaha!

grabe ang progress ng auto industry ng china. Baka in a span of 5 years may mga super cars na yan to rival yun mga lambo, ferrari and the likes na 10 to 15 years ago yun technology. Diablos, f355, etc...
    magaling ang China mag attract ng investment eh

kasalanan ba nila walang tigil ang pag unlad nila?

lahat ng automaker sa mundo gusto may presence sa China -- biggest auto market in the world

kung gusto ng foreign automaker pumasok sa China mag share dapat sila ng technology

kaya ayan
    Last edited by uls; May 5th, 2012 at 04:40 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    baket parang nagagalit yung iba dyan?

nag joint venture ang China automakers with foreign automakers

foreign automakers let the China automakers use their platforms, ano problema dyan?
    probably not reading...just looking at the pics and judging immediately.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    So ano pala ito para sa yo? rip-off or rebadge?

Chevrolet Tavera of India

Isuzu Crosswind of the Philippines
    Kung isuzu galing yan tavera edi... rebadge. Pinalitan lang ang brand.

Kung sa prutas. Galing sa isang puno iba lang tindera (brand) at packaging (different face etc)

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    that's the beauty of being a rich country with billions of people to boot! they can dictate their own terms to anything.
    imo, smart move for honda kung busness pov ang usapan.

baka magkaroon ng fanbois sa china... ano ba ang dapat na group name?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Precisely.

Kaya rip-off and CIIMO. Even if it is an "authorized copy". Accentuate on the copy. Are you sure that the quality of the build, the metallurgy and the materials place in that car is at par with the those of the Civic?

Is it built with the same quality control as the Civic? Ang permission baka right to copy lang. What about the nitty-gritty of building it. Is it at par with the Civic quality. If it is, I might be mistaken, then it qualifies as a rebadge.

The price may offer a clue. Anyway, sanay na tayo sa gaya. May-qualification pa nga "class A" imitation, etc...
    Last edited by Gerbo; May 5th, 2012 at 05:32 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I do get your point...

Basta hindi honda ang unang brand bago pinalitan ng dongfeng fake yan.

In other words they have to buy it from honda, before rebadging it.

Iba lang ang standards natin ng rebadge. Mas "nitty-gritty" yun sayo.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Precisely.

Kaya rip-off and CIIMO. Even if it is an "authorized copy". Accentuate on the copy. Are you sure that the quality of the build, the metallurgy and the materials place in that car is at par with the those of the Civic?

Is it built with the same quality control as the Civic? Ang permission baka right to copy lang. What about the nitty-gritty of building it. Is it at par with the Civic quality. If it is, I might be mistaken, then it qualifies as a rebadge.

The price may offer a clue. Anyway, sanay na tayo sa gaya. May-qualification pa nga "class A" imitation, etc...
    Dongfeng is the one making the Chinese market Civic's. So I'd say the build quality is the same as CDM Civic's. Which should mean build quality isn't shabby.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Bakit mo naman nasabi na nabawasan ng pogi points?
    Eh mas maganda ngang news nyan kasi baka bumaba yung prices ng pyesa ng Honda...or pede na gamitin yung pyesa nito as replacemnets sa mga pyesa ng Honda..ano masama doon at ano nakakabawas ng pogi points doon?

Hay naku mga tao nga naman huwag lang may di masabi...oh well...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Precisely.

Just to be clear, I am not a Honda fan. Though I like their 8th Gen Civic (we have two, along with other car brands), it's not the reason for my reaction.

Like you, China's wanton copying (no pun intended) of intellectual property is also a pet peeve of mine. But the Dongfeng-Honda deal is totally different. Dongfeng Honda is a 50-50 joint joint venture between the two companies of their respective names. Dongfeng Honda manufactures the Civic and CR-V (among others) for the Chinese market and has been doing so for several years already. The rebadge is something the two corporate bodies agreed on for purposes I may not be of authority to comment upon. Sufice to say, the Ciimo is not an infringement or a 'Class A' counterfeit. It's a true blue Civic in a Chinese brand name for the Chinese market.

Don't be too quick to judge the Chinese. ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQiaKm51ij0]DONGFENG HONDA CIIMO(CHINA,1,30s) - YouTube[/ame]

Refs:
    Dongfeng Honda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Dongfeng-Honda Ciimo Brings Back Eighth Generation Civic | ChinaAutoWeb

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast