New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    In the 90's I am also as critical of Korean cars as I am now with Chinese cars. Pinagtatawanan ko pa nga mga Korean cars like Daewoo Racer, Hyundai Elantra, Hyundai Grace, Kia Sportage (1st gen) and many more dati... But they improve and in the end garnered my respect and now I am an owner of Korean car (Hyundai Santa Fe) and its no joke the Santa Fe costs P1.5M its a lot of money... Chinese cars will have do prove their technology and creativity (as Koreans showed with their superb CRDi diesel engines even beating Japanese makes) to make me change my mind. For now, NO TO CHINESE CARS!
    The truth is Sablay pa ang quality ng Chinese cars. Majority of Pinoys still are skeptical of quality and durability of their vehicles.

I give them ten more years to improve.

tidus, nobody is stopping u not to like chinese cars.

i just don't get it when people like u, andy and marg always visit every news that are shared on the CHINESE CARS TALK though you all claim that all of u dont like chinese cars (but you like to know all the news about them?!? ). sometimes, you're even the first one to reply on these threads.....excitement maybe?

i think these threads are better shared by people who have the same interest in chinese cars. here, we share experiences (good or bad) or share tips or just ordinary updates.

you have your threads also which i also visit. BUT I NEVER SAY something bad about those cars. because i know how it feels when you own something and other people just try to defile or disgrace it.

everyone will agree that we take care of our cars like how we take care of precious possessions (some even like family members). we value them because it gives us pleasure owning them.

for years now, i have driven and ridden chinese cars, busses and trains. and based on those experiences, they were all happy encounters. thus, my love to their kind. that is what you call phenomenological.

pax et bonum!

hein, what do you mean by quality? can u be more specific?

my cousin owns a japanese sub compact car which he bought just a few months ago. lets compare the two rides (mine and my cousin). and after our ocular of the two cars, lets compare notes.

lets not generalize.

and i think filipinos in manila have not yet seen the best of what chinese car manufacturers have to offer that is why you have that kind of thinking.

i hope that before you conclude, you at least give yourself more time to try chinese vehicles.

punta naman kayo sa shanghai or beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by hein View Post
    The truth is Sablay pa ang quality ng Chinese cars. Majority of Pinoys still are skeptical of quality and durability of their vehicles.

I give them ten more years to improve.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Let's just say I am quite annoyed how Chinese car makers blatantly, without shame copy cars of other makers as in to the last dot with the logo being the only difference and most of the time an inferior engine. So yes to be honest I am quite passionate about criticizing them! I hope they change their ways! Again rockie its not about you or me. Think about it. Why do so many people look down at Chinese cars? Di lang Pinoy even Americans make fun about them sa YouTube, just type Chinese cars daming lalabas na patawa made by Americans... There must be something wrong about them, that's why!

And FYI although it does not matter but for whatever its worth I am a Tsinoy or Filipino-Chinese. My ancestors are from China and I am racially Chinese but Pinoy by nationality and I was born and raised here.

nadali mo!!!! bull's eye.

its the chinese car makers. its not U. its not ME (or US chinese car owners).

so why release your grudge here? we are the OWNERS. not the makers.

just simple respect. right?

write a letter to the CEO's of these companies. make your anger known to them. not us owners of these vehicles for we can do nothing. but be dishearted for just buying a chinese car.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah I am hitting the makers, I never insulted the owners directly... As I said ever since your choice, your money. I am also telling others not to take the risk and explain why so. Now if they don't listen and agree ok lang sakin cause again your choice, your money.

i dont think the makers visit these threads.

are u thinking of doing a noble job (letting people not to buy chinese cars) but at the same time, stepping on the dignity of people who bought these cars?

go to the CAR BUYING TALK OR THE CAR COMPARISON TALK. u might be able to swing the decision of car buyers.

tidus, an insult to one's possession is tantamount to an insult to the owner.

remember that.

thats Good Manners and Right Conduct 101.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rockiee_s View Post
    tidus, an insult to one's possession is tantamount to an insult to the owner.

remember that.

thats Good Manners and Right Conduct 101.
    Right. This car maybe a piece of **** but this is mine.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Its a shame that someone will judge a car maker without even owning a single product from them.

Anyway, China will be a global leader in the next 10-20 years. No one can deny this fact. I am happy that corporations like Geely are now competing with the Japanese, and eating up US companies.

Kaya wag ng mainggit sa achievement ng Chinese, pinaghirapan nila yan at malas lang natin, hindi kasing efficient ng gobyerno nila gobyerno natin. Ang isipin natin is paano tayo magkakaisa para in the next 20 years, tayo naman ang tatalo sa mga Chinese.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Chinese Mainland Carmaker GEELY topples TOYOTA CROWN monopoly of Hong Kong taxis