New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    [quote=batang_raon14;1017381]Before asking why they won't bring real Chevy cars, ask the current and previous owners of rebadged Chevy cars. If the rebadged ones costs 30K++ to 60K++ for a major tune-up and 5-8K for a regular tune-up, how much more would the real ones cost?

Just out of curiosity, saan ka nagpagawa ng Optra mo na inabot nang ganung halaga? At that price, I will say na Major overhaul o palit na makina ng kotse. My old 1975 Colt Galant cost me P35K to have the engine overhauled. It was a 4G33 with 12 valves (lolo ng mga 16 valves).
    After nouong 40K PMS period, the highest I paid for a major tune-up ( at GM North Edsa ) was P6,000 which includes Change oil, Aircon Pollen filter, coolant, check engine, brake pads, aircon at iba pa.

Last summer, the thermostat case broke and I had to bring it to GM Shaw for repairs. Holy wednesday yung araw na yun. They got it fixed and I paid no more than P2,500 for it. Kasama pa iyong coolant.

Just out of curiosity, mate.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyChaser View Post
    Curiosly, why do people have their doubts on the viability of GM products. I mean, GM was a big brand in the Philippines long before Martial Law.
    ... don't believe its because of the Daewoo brand. I would rather like to think that when GM bought Daewoo, GM improved the Daewoo brand.
    They did improve it, but the "Daewoo" part of GMDAT still reminds many people of the dated 90's Daewoo Racer sold in the RP by Transfarm, its actually more of a brand image thing than the actual product itself.
    The current modern mainstream car lineup of Chevrolet in the RP is made up of Daewoo developed models(Spark, Aveo, Optra). These models were just updated by GM under the new GMDAT company.

The Chevy Captiva compact SUV which is built on the GM Theta SUV platform is the first new generation GMDAT model to be developed as part of the global GM Family.
    The Captiva has been getting positive reviews and i've been seeing more lately specially the diesel variants.

and which dealer sells the 300C. I always see one in EDSA near Cats but the place looks more like a trader than a dealer.
    Thats one of the two Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep showrooms of CATS Motors Inc. The other one is at Pasong Tamo Extension, Makati City.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Thanks for the corrections AG4. Appreciate that very much... I'm still confused between Oldsmobile and Lincolns. Its just that through the times I've been to the US (Houston mostly since my ship goes there) I've never seen a Corolla on the street, but a lot of Camrys. In fact, a Filipino resident there, who drives us to town for a fee, has not even heard of the Ford Escape ( which is sold there as the Ford Escape ). Curiosly, why do people have their doubts on the viability of GM products. I mean, GM was a big brand in the Philippines long before Martial Law. We had Impalas, Malibus, Camaros, Nova and Nova IIs, even the the Chevy Vega. a famed local dragster from Bacolod, Doc Bynes, used to race in '56 Chevy Bel Air with a re-worked 350 c.i Hemi-head engine. Another was a certain Baby " Mighty Mouse" Mora, racing in a souped-up Camaro with a 327 monster under the hood. Ford Philippines tied up with Mazda and we Filipinos goobled up the Lasers and Telstars like pie. I don't believe its because of the Daewoo brand. I would rather like to think that when GM bought Daewoo, GM improved the Daewoo brand. I guess we all got used to thinking that Japanese cars are better than the rest ( and that's because we had no choice at that time and we got stuck with that mentallity).
    Didn't realize that Honda was selling the Pilots in the country ( Iguess I need to have more vacation time...1.5 months isn't enough ) and which dealer sells the 300C. I always see one in EDSA near Cats but the place looks more like a trader than a dealer. Thanks again, Mate.
    Just a small correction. The name of the camaro was Super Mouse of Baby Mora. He is my uncle. He ojted with Bill Jenkins in the US and Bill came here and helped him set up the camaro. The car was later sold and the engine was fitted to a speedboat which sank on the first run. Too bad. Baby " The Super Mouse" Mora is well and alive and enjoying retirement in Bacolod. Have a good day gents!!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by nosmanta View Post
    Just a small correction. The name of the camaro was Super Mouse of Baby Mora. He is my uncle. He ojted with Bill Jenkins in the US and Bill came here and helped him set up the camaro. The car was later sold and the engine was fitted to a speedboat which sank on the first run. Too bad. Baby " The Super Mouse" Mora is well and alive and enjoying retirement in Bacolod. Have a good day gents!!
    I agreed. But the point here is to be aware of your surroundings, including where you park your car. Don't take it for granted that just because you're at an event with fellow enthusiasts that something bad can't happen. Take preventive action by securing your old car or truck. Guy Algar suggests, "Don't forget to take precautions even at home. You may feel safe parking your ride in 'the safety' of your two car garage, but remember, even if you don't have windows where people can peer in and spot your valued car, thieves can also follow you home from work, a cruise, or even the grocery store and plan a theft after surveilling your home and learning your schedule. If you have a ride that catches people's attention, remember that it can also catch the wrong attention!"
    Online Store Free business listings directories for Australian businesses

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Why won't local Chevy bring in real Chevy cars?