New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Planned exit naman. End of 2020 for the vehicles in thailand and end of 2021 in thailand. Spare parts will continue for the next 5+ years

Problem is the local suppliers if theyll support the shrinking market
    I think the 10-year support period given by GM is for the after-sales service in the casa of the three right-hand-drive countries it will exit.

Replacement parts will most likely continue beyond that period since many parts are being manufactured by OEM suppliers and 3rd party manufacturers who also manufacture parts for other brands. My brother can still buy parts for his Chevy Optra which has been out of production for over a decade.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    I think the 10-year support period given by GM is for the after-sales service in the casa of the three right-hand-drive countries it will exit.

Replacement parts will most likely continue beyond that period since many parts are being manufactured by OEM suppliers and 3rd party manufacturers who also manufacture parts for other brands. My brother can still buy parts for his Chevy Optra which has been out of production for over a decade.
    GM had produced the Optra as late as 2018 for russia as the ravon gentra
    (the aveo and the sonic are still in production) and 2016 in china as the buick excelle also it was sold in more markets than the trailblazer/colorado
    Ravon в России - официальный сайт бренда автомобилей Равон - ravon.ru

edit:
    mukhang still in production pa ung gentra and sa 2023 pa nila i phaphaseout:Former GM Uzbekistan JV Eyes Growth | WardsAuto

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    With GM practically leaving SE Asia, what next for Chevrolet PH?

It's the logical thing to do, and we've already been seeing it with other brands as they shift to China-made models and the entry of new Chinese brands into the Philippines. It is worthy to point out that there are widely varying degrees of success though; some brands struggled once they shifted to Chinese automobiles while some succeeded with Chinese brands. Incidentally, the same distributor of Chevrolet is also the distributor of Chinese-owned MG.

Now that's important, and we can think of three key reasons why. One is that TCCCI is already familiarized with the process of bringing in Chinese automobiles. Another is that they're enjoying quite a bit of success when they took over MG from its previous (but supposedly not-exactly-official) distributor; they actually sold over 5000 MGs in 2019, far more than Chevrolet and good enough to get the brand into the top 10 in the Philippine industry. The third, and perhaps the most important, is the strong Chinese connection between MG and Chevrolet, or at least General Motors.

MG, or Morris Garages, may be a British brand, but it's now owned by Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation, otherwise known as SAIC Motor. General Motors isn't Chinese owned by any means, but SAIC is the joint venture partner of the American automaker, otherwise known as SAIC-GM. While there are going to be differences, it stands to reason that TCCCI is already well versed in dealing with SAIC, and from what we hear from TCCCI, their Chinese counterparts are very happy with the performance of MG in the Philippines.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Latest news about 3 days ago or so is that GM Plant in Rayong, Thailand is going to be closed soon.

Scarcity of parts will follow definitely with prices increasing to almost double if the origin is Mexico or the USofA 😥

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    All is not well in General Motors it seems

GM has announced the end of Holden in Australia & New Zealand.

Https://www.holden.com.au/announcement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    The next news will be QQ China buys GM Time to ditch Chevrolet

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Buyers flock to Chevrolet showrooms for cheap cars | Bangkok Post

Outlets selling the iconic American brand were thronged by potential buyers on Wednesday after the sale began -- with some models going for less than half price. The new Captiva 1.5 LS Turbo, for instance, was offered at 499,000 baht -- down from 999,000 baht. The price of the Colorado Trailboss MT 2WD was reduced from 859,000 baht to 655,000 baht.
    If you know anyone planning to buy a Chevrolet right now... Be a friend, ask your friend to reconsider another brand

Pinoy tayo... I remember reading somewhere na para daw tayong Cubans... Di mamatay-matay cars natin

Kung oil/air filter and brake pads lang papalitan mo in the next 10 years... OK lang, kaso pag may ibang parts kang masira, laking sakit sa ulo

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Thailand(chevrolet) slashes prices

Australia(holden)slashes prices

Tcci... crickets

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Thailand(chevrolet) slashes prices

Australia(holden)slashes prices

Tcci... crickets
    maybe GM will move LHD production to their Brazil Plant? Their Trailblazer and S10 seems to be more similar to the Philippine-spec Colorado and Trailblazer than their US platform mates.