New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi guys..
    I finally got the chance to use my beloved cruze today for a few hours.. my ipod was plugged into the aux port and every now and then i would hear a brief static sound coming from the speakers!!! sad! just when i thought all was perfect!
    i even plugged in another ipod device and even changed the connection cables but the noise would still irritate me every now and then.. it was still there even with just the radio on..

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If you have what did you do to rectify the situation? i'm planning to take it back to the casa on Mon if the sound persists. I hope it's not a big problem.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DOC Cruze View Post
    Hi guys..
    I finally got the chance to use my beloved cruze today for a few hours.. my ipod was plugged into the aux port and every now and then i would hear a brief static sound coming from the speakers!!! sad! just when i thought all was perfect!
    i even plugged in another ipod device and even changed the connection cables but the noise would still irritate me every now and then.. it was still there even with just the radio on..

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If you have what did you do to rectify the situation? i'm planning to take it back to the casa on Mon if the sound persists. I hope it's not a big problem.
    That is strange and you're the first to have this kind of problem. It is best perhaps to have it checked at the casa where you bought it para ma-diagnosed ang problema.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by marlboro2000 View Post
    That is strange and you're the first to have this kind of problem. It is best perhaps to have it checked at the casa where you bought it para ma-diagnosed ang problema.
    thanks..
    i think that's what i will do. sucks! i have no other problems with the car.. except for that.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Doc Cruze,

Same experience with you, I sometimes hear it... i thought it was because it's not compatible with Iphone4, but when I used an old ipod video, it did the same thing. I don't know if it's okay with Itouch. So far with Itouch, no problem. It's not my Ipod thats broken, as I use it in my other rides, but no static sounds are heard.

What I did before was to turn off the radio, unplug, then plug it in, that usually fixes that problem.

Another observation, it usually happens if fully charged ang ipods.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    Doc Cruze,

Same experience with you, I sometimes hear it... i thought it was because it's not compatible with Iphone4, but when I used an old ipod video, it did the same thing. I don't know if it's okay with Itouch. So far with Itouch, no problem. It's not my Ipod thats broken, as I use it in my other rides, but no static sounds are heard.

What I did before was to turn off the radio, unplug, then plug it in, that usually fixes that problem.

Another observation, it usually happens if fully charged ang ipods.
    Hi av8or5.
    i first noticed it when an iphone was plugged in.. i thought there was something lose lang on the floor cause every now and then i'd hear the sound. first time i really turned the volume up e. then i realized it came from the speakers. not sure if it's from the tweeters or what but it sounds like it's coming from the front. i thought it had something to do with the phone looking for signal.i plugged in my touch and the problem persisted.i changed cords, still there and even on radio. 3 days na and its still there annoying me.
    i called up my SA and she said they haven't had a problem like that before or because no one has really noticed it or made a complaint. i love music so most of the time you'd see me with an earphone in my ear so a sound like that really sticks out haha.. anyways she said to take it in and they'll see what's wrong. i hope it's just grounded or something lang.

the problem with the speakers with your cruze resolved itself? turn the volume up and see if it's still there.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hi av8or5.
    i first noticed it when an iphone was plugged in.. i thought there was something lose lang on the floor cause every now and then i'd hear the sound. first time i really turned the volume up e. then i realized it came from the speakers. not sure if it's from the tweeters or what but it sounds like it's coming from the front. i thought it had something to do with the phone looking for signal.i plugged in my touch and the problem persisted.i changed cords, still there and even on radio. 3 days na and its still there annoying me.
    i called up my SA and she said they haven't had a problem like that before or because no one has really noticed it or made a complaint. i love music so most of the time you'd see me with an earphone in my ear so a sound like that really sticks out haha.. anyways she said to take it in and they'll see what's wrong. i hope it's just grounded or something lang.

the problem with the speakers with your cruze resolved itself? turn the volume up and see if it's still there.
    mine is with the ipod. but never ko na experience with radio or cd..but then again, i never used the cd function and i used the radio probably 3x lang. its usually ipod. i haven't tried usb.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    mine is with the ipod. but never ko na experience with radio or cd..but then again, i never used the cd function and i used the radio probably 3x lang. its usually ipod. i haven't tried usb.
    I brought my car into chevy q ave today and had some people listen to the problem.. I'll have to bring it in again since they have to sched it with the technician who can do it.apparently mag ISA Lang sha. We tried my touch and connector with another brand new cruze there and there was no problems. So I guess it's with mine talaga. I'll let you know what they do with it.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I brought my car into chevy q ave today and had some people listen to the problem.. I'll have to bring it in again since they have to sched it with the technician who can do it.apparently mag ISA Lang sha. We tried my touch and connector with another brand new cruze there and there was no problems. So I guess it's with mine talaga. I'll let you know what they do with it.
    Will wait for your feedback doc

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    The testing was done while not mobile, right? Try it while mobile para ma-double check lang. Baka the problem occurs kung tumatakbo lang and not while idle...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by marlboro2000 View Post
    The testing was done while not mobile, right? Try it while mobile para ma-double check lang. Baka the problem occurs kung tumatakbo lang and not while idle...
    It happens when moving and when I was parked at chevy when everyone was listening. Thing is it happens every now and then so they have to sit there for a few songs.haha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Static from the speakers