New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by raquino View Post
    how's the ride of the 17 incher sa new captiva? di naman ata matagtag di ba? i guess 18 inch wouldn't have a harsh ride pag 55 series o 60 series ang ilagay kasi parang plus 1 lang from 17 inch mags. kung sa kotse siguro na plus 2 and 40 series matagtag nga but siguro sa ride natin ok lang. anyone here kaya nagpalitna ng mags na pwede comment by experience? paramdam naman sana so we would know.
    Got our Captiva last Dec. 18. Drove it on the 25th from Cavite to Lipa via STAR tollway & only problem with the 17in. is when turning, medyo mabigat compared sa kotse. Di sya matagtag at smooth ride. On the 26th nmn, from Lipa to Tagaytay via zigzag road sa Lemery Bats. at 60-80kph paakyat & no problem, sarap idrive. Parang grand turismo. On the 27th, from Dasma to Nasugbo, via Amadeo Cavite, then to Tagaytay to Dasma. 604km na yung odo, php2,000.00 pa lang na diesel ang load di pa sagad.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    congrats om your new ride. i know you're enjoying it. matipid ang captiva. thanks for sharing how the 17 incher is. i guess ok pa rin ang 18 in. sa chevy quezon av meron dun oem 18 in.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rondiz09 View Post
    I found this nice picture of a Captiva in worldcarfans.com Geneva Motor Show, with 20in. wheels. I think 18in would be nice on your ride. Mine's already 17in and maybe modify it to 20in in the future.
    Hi newbie here, just bought a 2010 Captiva FWD Diesel. Planning to customize the wheels with low profiles, any one can suggest the correct and best size? have no idea about PCD's and Wheel holes though i was thinking on going to 18", Any suggestions on Sizes and type,brands for rims and tires would be appreciated. TIA

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Hi newbie here, just bought a 2010 Captiva FWD Diesel. Planning to customize the wheels with low profiles, any one can suggest the correct and best size? have no idea about PCD's and Wheel holes though i was thinking on going to 18", Any suggestions on Sizes and type,brands for rims and tires would be appreciated. TIA

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Aws3ya View Post
    Anyone? Please... I will be picking up my Unit this saturday and would love to know what wheels should i buy...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Aws3ya View Post
    Anyone? Please... I will be picking up my Unit this saturday and would love to know what wheels should i buy...
    try to check out DUB wheels in Timog ave. or go to Banawe. Try GTD or the store across. Lots of magwheels to choose from. 18 inches is not bad. not much change in the ride characteristics. go with 235 x 55 x 18 tires para di low profile ang dating. kasya din 255 x 55 x 18 you could go bigger like 20 inchers but ride quality will be sacrificed. pwede naman isukat para malaman mo ano bagay. i would go for euro look mags though jdm style ok din. i will be getting 18 inchers when i get home next year. medyo manipis na tires ko kasi. hope you get the mags you like.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by raquino View Post
    try to check out DUB wheels in Timog ave. or go to Banawe. Try GTD or the store across. Lots of magwheels to choose from. 18 inches is not bad. not much change in the ride characteristics. go with 235 x 55 x 18 tires para di low profile ang dating. kasya din 255 x 55 x 18 you could go bigger like 20 inchers but ride quality will be sacrificed. pwede naman isukat para malaman mo ano bagay. i would go for euro look mags though jdm style ok din. i will be getting 18 inchers when i get home next year. medyo manipis na tires ko kasi. hope you get the mags you like.
    Thanks a lot for the reply,i will check out Banawe and Timog areas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
PCD of Captiva wheels