New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    I heard that an accident in Ayala ave involving an Optra (owned by a schoolmate of mine from a high school higher batch) and a taxi almost two weeks ago. The airbag of an Optra didnt deploy. What can you say?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    pag sa US lawsuit kaagad yan....i hope your buddy's ok

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any idea on the the circumstances surrounding the accident (i.e. manner of impact, type of impact, etc.)? That would be helpful in determining if an airbag deployment was warranted.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    head on collision daw eh.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm...now that's interesting.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Airbag sensors only deploy the airbags at a certain force threshold.

Kung mga 50kph na yung head on and hindi pa rin nag deploy, there's something wrong talaga. kung mga 30kph lang, i think borderline pa.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    According to my Ford Hand book..the airbag should deploy at a minimum speed of 8 kph upon frontal collision.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    sad to say... ang dami nang reklamo tungkol sa optra... tsk, tsk... feeling ko tuloy nakakamatay na ang car na yan... 0_0

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you know what, its trailing the civic and the corolla in terms of sales....i pity those who bought it tsk tsk--did your daewoo home appliance last long? :D

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    May optra kami kaso hindi namin masyado nagagamit because of the rising oil price...Di ba dapat magdeploy pa rin yung airbag kahit na malakas ang impact tapos head on collision pa yun?
    Pambihira SRS pa naman yung airbag na nakalagay...

you know what, its trailing the civic and the corolla in terms of sales....i pity those who bought it tsk tsk
    Mura kase ang optra tapos ganda pa ng loob malaki legroom sa likod the bad thing is korea parts ang optra tapos ang mahal pa ang labo nga eh...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Optra's airbag