New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how much would a '97 chevy suburban k1500 5.7L V8 gas, normal wear and tear cost at market price? what should i watch out for and what are its common defects? (other than fuel costs) where can i get cheap spare parts? thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    resale prices for GM trucks dropped like a rock, i think a '97 Suburban can be had for 700-800K

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not sure on the prices but i'd go with what MBT mentioned.

On spare parts, they have available in Thunder Auto sa Masangkay (same place as Opel parts).

You interested in getting one? My Tito is thinking of selling his current Suburban for a brand new one, he got it brand new in 98 or 99... color white, maintained at GM Autoworld. It's his out-of-town car (Manila-Tagaytay, Manila-Baguio).

On defects, i'm not sure but i know we already changed one of the bearings (alternator i think) before when it emitted some noises. It also has an appetite for brake pads if you drive up and down mountains a lot.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why not opt for the 2500 (8 lugs) model, much better underpinnings compared to 1500 (6 lugs) units. Since they are both pegged at the same price.

vinj::: Does your uncle have the 2500 or 1500 Suburban?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hopefully, someone in your family owns an oil well or something.

i used to drive a V8 tahoe (a little smaller than the suburban but same engine) for work, and i had to refill that thing every day at $30-40 a pop. good thing my company paid for the gas. no joke, the gas bill was higher than my company's lease payments on the vehicle.

this was in the late 90's when gas was half the price (in the US) of what it is now.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    vinj, do you have the contact number of thunder auto? also, how much is your uncle selling his?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ungas... it's the 2500 model.

Dapat mag promo yung GMC/Chevy at Ford... buy 1 Suburban/Expedition today and get a free trailer with gas pump/tank. :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Uy! Maganda yan! Bihira ako makakita ng 2500 sa local market.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bilhin mo na ungas

m54 powered,

that is absolutely insane hehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mbt
    m54 powered,

that is absolutely insane hehehe
    it is...buti talaga hindi ako ang nagbabayad. of course, i was a franchising manager so i drove a lot for work.

naisip ko kasi...you guys might spend 2-3 hours a day stuck in stop-and-go traffic. your fuel consumption might be comparable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
'97 Chevy Suburban - worth it?