New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Ayaw ng mga taga Mid east yang Optra pati Aveo....mabuti pa ang Epica....mahal din ang mga piyesa dito ng chevy at mahirap pa....

bago ko nabili ride ko ngayon, me nag-offer sa akin ng Epica model 2004 ng sr16K lang...roughly 200k pesos lang...pero tinanggihan ko kasi nga mahal na piyesa,mahirap pa hanapan....

you seldom see Optra here in my area.....

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    hmm.. thanks guys--your inputs are truly appreciated--

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wreighzzah View Post
    hmm.. thanks guys--your inputs are truly appreciated--
    bottomline nyan bro, dont buy it...

mahihirapan ka sa piyesa...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    hmmm, kahit ako no idea kung saan may alternative na pwedeng makuhanan ng pyesa nito ah.

never had a Chevy car too, pero kung isasama yung Daewoo Matiz ng pinsan ko dati (rebadged Spark ngayon), well... horror nga daw ang paghanap ng parts, keeper pa yun sa lagay na iyon, pero napilitan na siyang ibenta.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_david19 View Post
    hmmm, kahit ako no idea kung saan may alternative na pwedeng makuhanan ng pyesa nito ah.

never had a Chevy car too, pero kung isasama yung Daewoo Matiz ng pinsan ko dati (rebadged Spark ngayon), well... horror nga daw ang paghanap ng parts, keeper pa yun sa lagay na iyon, pero napilitan na siyang ibenta.
    previous ride ko kasi chevy din bro....wala akong masabi sa performance, ang talagang problema lang ay piyesa talaga....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have a friend with a 1.6L Optra sedan. He got it coz of the overall car's package. Sure it's no speedster, but matched against same level cars at the time he got it (5-6 years ago), it's got the accessories that mattered.

His complaints are fuel consumption (his guzzles more gas than my 2.0L Camry) and parts (since they're pretty hard to come by locally).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Have a friend with a 1.6L Optra sedan. He got it coz of the overall car's package. Sure it's no speedster, but matched against same level cars at the time he got it (5-6 years ago), it's got the accessories that mattered.

His complaints are fuel consumption (his guzzles more gas than my 2.0L Camry) and parts (since they're pretty hard to come by locally).

And those are valid points NOT to buy a used Optra.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ganun ba kalakas optra sa gas? well if it consumes gas like a 2.0, then i would prefer to get myself an accord, camry, exsior, or cefiro na. bigger and more powerful.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    ganun ba kalakas optra sa gas? well if it consumes gas like a 2.0, then i would prefer to get myself an accord, camry, exsior, or cefiro na. bigger and more powerful.
    To my knowledge, the Optra 1.6L have a problem with the ECU program to solve it's fuel guzzling habits. A re-flashing of the ECU (at the casa) results in "typical" fuel consumption figures for a heavy car with a 1.6L engine.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    YES to buy because of its low resale value, then install a autolpg system.

my 2004 chevrolet optra still runs very well, fuel consumption is approx. 6.5liter per kilometer on a 60 liter full tank which is the same when using regular petrol fuel. Price of autolpg is 25.60, price of caltex gold is 44.78.

i'll let you do the math. :D

but if i were you, and i have extra money i'll buy the new Chevrolet Cruze.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
OPTRA -to buy or not.