New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi guys!

Need some advice/tips with regards to my unit. Its OPTRA 05 A/T. Mileage is 60K.

Question: Do i have to replace na my timing belt? i find it too costly pala in replacing timing belt. In case of need, is it really the whole thing ang kelangan palitan including the water pump? or belt alone is fine?

Appreciate you comments.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    change the timing belt, idling bearing, water pump, tensioner bearings as well. papalitan mo na since panibagong labor ulit when the time comes to replace the water pump.

better safe than sorry, baka tumukod ang cams mo pag naputulan ka ng di oras.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I second the motion. Its SOP to replace the T-Belt, bearings/tensioners and the water pump together. Medyo mababa nga lang to do it at 60K? Is that what the CASA and the owner's manual states? Normally at around 80K yung interval with most cars I've encountered.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    how much is the total cost if you change all the said item? I just recently change my drive belt only, but they say if your engine belt is worn already you must better follow the replacement.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    kung stated naman sa manual na kailangan na palitan yung timing belt sa 60k, then go.

nung 40K pms ko nagpalit ng drive belt at tensioner. almost 20k nagastos ko including change oil, etc.

ngayon, 49k na. malapit na mag 50k PMS, sa labas nalang siguro ako bibili ng spare parts para mas maka mura. may seller naman ng orig genuine parts eh.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thank you for the comments guys, appreciate it.

Cost of Replacement for the timing belt in Juno cars (Chev) is P23K plus. In Rapide around 15K with warranty (all-in parts&labor). But I tried to inquire in Thunders Auto Supply how much is the cost of the parts for the replacement of the belt is around P8,400 (includes timing belt, tensionaire bearing and roller and water pump) plus d the cost of labor is P2,5K.

So, i really have to replace na nga pala everything. I was thinking kase to only replace the belt,bearing and roller then later on nalang the water pump.

Second query: Can i use low cost battery for this car? I have seen OUTLAST in the store and its kinda cheaper as compare to other brand-as in almost half of the price. If AC Delco is P5,5K and Motolite is P4,8K Outlast is only P2,8K. You think this baterry is okay na? Due for baterry replacement na din kase to e. Or any tips para malaman ko kung for repalcement na nga sya? Im using AC Delco Batt-sorry guys this car is just 6mons old palang saken kya dko kabisado history nila..no records has been given to me coz the owner leaves for US already.

Have a safe driving to all.....

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Other query:

Where can i buy parts for this car (Chev) aside from Thunders?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    wala na sir.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    think twice before having your car serviced at rapide, sir. may sariling thread sila dito

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    ah tlaga??cge ill take ur advice. I wont bring this to Rapide...any suggestion where i can bring this?

Thank u for taking time in answering my queries.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
I need advice for my OPTRA