New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nope... not the malibu... chevrolet optra is sold as the suzuki verona in the US... only cosmetic difference is the badge on the middle grill.

The Malibu would be a NICE car for Chevy to bring over.

If I were to get a Chevy sedan, I'd either wait for them to import the Malibu or the Cobalt... at least you're getting something new.

Optra quality? Questionable... Ford Lynx better... at least it has solid underpinnings taken wholly from the Mazda Protege/323... which also means a better supply of Non-Casa parts. Best handling in the class... even in the regular versions... and the Ford warranty is pretty good. :D

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Optra has the best warranty! and why are people still saying that just because optra is also a daewoo that their quality is not good? i think that we should give this car a chance.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    haha... saw an optra with a mesh grille... okay pala ang itsura ng ilong kung hindi chrome. :D

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    We-ell... there is a good reason why Daewoo has faltered in recent years as opposed to other Korean brands... and Chevy isn't very good in terms of their small car quality... think Chevy Cavalier... UGH!...

I'm not really betting on Chevy pushing the reliability of the Daewoo much further than it was in the first place... I'm willing to wait and see, but I have a feeling it won't get any better.

Not that Daewoo is HORRIBLE, mind you... they're decent enough... but they have absolutely ZERO aftermarket support... while the Lynx can still benefit from the availability of Mazda parts (although not as easy to get as Toyota or Honda, they are still there!) and a good and diversified number of Casa's to go to in case of major trouble.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i get your point. no offense meant. just sharing opinions here.

peace bro! :D

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    where did you see it? ano un? 3 piece pa rin pero mesh lahat?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    about the radio being "on" even without the key....ganun din sa venture namin, indicated sya sa manual na it will eventually turn of after a few minutes after the key is remove.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by glntVR
    i get your point. no offense meant. just sharing opinions here.

peace bro! :D

peace, naman... no offense!

Am just pointing out that the track record of these two companies ain't all that good when it comes to compacts... at least Suzuki seems to make good products... the 140hp 4wd Aerio would make an interesting entry into the market, for example...

am willing to wait and see about the Optra... it's a fresh face in the market, and God forbid poor quality should do it in.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup... saw it in Alabang (I THINK, baka QC naman...)

Was a black Optra, factory body kit (skirts, trunk lip spoiler, etc...), and it had those mean black grille inserts like you'd see on a Civic RS, except walang logo... three piece pa rin... looks 100% better, IMHO, and it's the only Optra I've seen that I wouldn't call ugly to its face...

:D

(The rest are like bar girls... nice a$$es, pero when they turn around... ngiiiieeee!!!!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    niky,

some call 'em, talikod-genic hehehe

anyways, i like the optra pero reading the current c! article sa long term tests, at 5k+ km, may mga gremlins na siya..
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Chevrolet Optra [Merged]