New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Hi,

I got this big problem with my car for about 2 months na.
    Chevrolet Captiva 2.0 diesel AT 2009

Before, engine stops during high speed running from 70-80kph up..
    I brought the car to chevrolet for them to solve it, they just clean something without replacing any spare parts then after 5 days bumalik yong problem tapos na addan pa, engine shuts off when shifting to reverse. Chevrolet told us that the ECM is bad and quoted me with 90k... wtf.. I think this is too overpriced.

I decided to let other shop check the car (previous chevrolet company here in cebu), same thing they just clean it then bumalik nanaman ang problema. They told us that the fuel pump should be replaced... not just the pump but the assembly thing with a price of 21k and not properly explaining why assembly talaga. I doubted their findings kasi parang ang layo naman ata sa fuel pump so dinala ko ulit sa ibang shop tapos same findings, the pump.

I decided to purchase the assembly from manila, I got it 10,500 and saved 10k compared sa casa.. and it's oem pa. Sorry mataas na explanation ko, my point in this line is mahal talaga ang casa. So back to the problem, new fuel pump assembly was installed but the problem wasn't fixed.

One more thing, Car wont start again if the key's not reinserted in the ignition.

I hope someone can enlighten me and help me fix this problem.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may mga nagre-repair ng ecm/ecu. ask mo yung mga 2nd hand car dealers alam nila sino.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    But it's not sure yet if sira ba talaga yong ecm, pa check ko na lng, buti sana if my shop na my spare ecm tapos i try palitan if ma solve ba yong problem.

Any Idea where to buy ECM in manila?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so hanap ka ng may captiva and ask him to swap ecm with you.

or, last resort, tell the casa if they are sure of their diagnosis, that they install a new ecm in your captiva and if the problem remains then you don't pay. they of course will remove the new replacement ecm. you will only pay for the new ecm if the problem gets solved.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Regarding that matter na i balik nila yong item if hindi ma solve yong problem, ayaw nila.. yong casa na pervious chevrolet. ewan ko lng sa bago. We already have a conflict sa bagong chev due to their crappy services, ayaw ko ng bumalik don.

buti sana if merong mabait na magpapa hiram ng ecm nya.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ayaw nila kasi sila ang bibili tapos pag mali ang diagnosis sorry ka na lang nagbayad ka na. ganyan talaga mga casa na yan, walang morals.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    kaya nga.. imagine nag charge sila ng 20k sa labor lng sa pag linis2 lng ng kung ano ano wirings etc. tapos hindi na solve yong problem. tapos i ppin point nanaman s aibang parts yong problem. hahays.. laki na ng na gastos ko lipat ng lipat na shop. buti sana jan sa manila parang mas marunong yong mga mekaniko.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    up up...need help badly.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Try to reset ECU or ECM. Usually when changing the fuel pump, battery has to be removed or disconnected. Once a battery is disconnected or fuel pump is replaced, the ECU has to be primed or reset. Minsan ito hindi ginagawa ng casa boys na di marunong. Try disconnecting the negative terminal of your battery for at least a minute then reconnect. Insert key then turn to on position (don't start car) for 15 seconds then turn to off position for at least 5 to 10 seconds then turn on again for 15 seconds. Do this 3 times or repititions then remove key. Reinsert key and start car. Thios is how ECM's are usually reset by owners. Try this it might help. Some say na when doing this turn off everything like radios and close the doors. Once tinanggal mo na key open and shut door as if you are entering and close mit before restarting.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    ECU has been reset after installing the pump pero sira parin. Now the mechanic is saying na fuel rail pressure regulator daw but not that sure. Another gamble to take.

Any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast